Year 1 - Dad?

I woke up the next morning quite early but stayed in my bed, not wanting to get up. It was a Saturday for Merlin's sake. I lay there for another 15 minutes when I suddenly realise I have my first quidditch lesson today.

I quickly hop out of bed putting on some jeans and a light blue jumper and throw my hair up into a quick messy bun. Thankful once again that my hair is much tamer than 'Mione's. I brush my teeth and pull on my shoes before quickly rushing down the dormitory stairs.

"What's got you in such a rush Granger?" Fred says as I pass him in the common room.

"Not now, Fred. I'm gonna be late for training with Olivier."

"Oh better hurry then. That guys obsessed with quidditch. Wait, how'd you know I was Fred, mum can't even do that?"

"I don't know, must be a twin thing I guess." I say and run through the portrait hole and through the castle the the grounds where we were meeting Oliver.

"Nice of you to join us Y/n, come on let's go." He says to me and I finally reach them.

"Hey y/n" Harry says to me

"Hi Harry. Nervous?" I says

"Extremely" He says with a laugh which I return.

Oliver then went about explaining all of the rules of quidditch and what each of the balls did.

"Now Y//n, this is the quaffle, you'll handle this. Along with Angelina Johnson, and Alicia Spinnet. Katie Bell is our reserve, so she'll step in if any of you are sick or injured. All you need to do is try and put this into one of those three hoops." He says pointing at the hoops in the distance. "The keeper, me, defends the hoops. Got it?"

"I think so" I say to him, taking all the information in.

"What are those?" Harry asks Oliver, pointing to the squirming balls.

"You better take this." Oliver says and hands be a bat and releases a ball as it flied off into the sky. "Careful now it's comin' back."

The ball comes flying back down towards the ground and I swing the bat, hitting it sending it flying off again.

"Not bad Granger. You'd make a decent beater. Uh oh." He says and the ball comes plummeting back down. He dives on the ball, wrestles with it for a bit before finally winning and placing it back in the restraints.

"What is that?!" Harry asks.

"That is a bludger. Nasty little buggers. The beaters are in charge of keeping them away from both of you. Them beaters currently being Fred and George Weasley."

I get butterflies but push them down.

He then explains to Harry what the Golden Snitch is and how important it is to catch it. No pressure on Harry or anything.

"Alright well I guess that's enough quidditch talk." Oliver says sadly. "You two can go and enjoy the rest of your weekend."

Harry and I walk off towards the castle as Oliver goes to put the balls back into the quidditch shed.

"You know, I get the impression that he really likes quidditch." I say to Harry.

"You don't say."

(---)

I walk back to the common room alone as Harry went off to find Ron in the great hall, he was no doubt eating chicken or something. I walk through the door frame and see Hermione sitting on the couch with books piled around her. And then I notice Fred sitting on the couch opposite.