Year 1 - Of course they won

A few minutes after Harry leaves through the door Ron begins to wake up.

"Come on, we need to get to the hospital wing." Hermione says as I help her get Ron up.

"Is Harry ok?" Ron asks.

"He's fine. He's gone on without us, but he'll be ok." I say, struggling to move stray chess pieces.

The three of us struggle out of the room we fought out previous challenges in and climb back up the ladder that we entered on, thankful that Fluffy has somehow managed to be put back to sleep. We walk back carefully through the castle towards the hospital wing.

"Y/n!" I turn around and Fred and George are running towards us. The three of us stop and face them.

"What are you two doing her?" I ask them.

"Coming after you, of course." They say together.

"Ron, what happened?" George asks going over to his brother. "Fred stay with y/n, I've got Ron and Hermione."

The other three walk towards the hospital wing, whilst Fred and I stay standing. He turns to face me and begins inspecting the cut on the top of my head.

"That looks pretty bad, we should get that stitched up. Wait where's Harry?"

"Oh he's still down there fighting off Snape."

"Snape? He's not down there. He's been pacing his office all night."

"What? Who's down there then? Wait how do you know where Snape is? How did you know where I was?" I say speaking quickly.

Fred flings his arm around my shoulder and begins leading me towards the hospital wing.

"Ah Granger, meet me and George in the common room at midnight. I'll show you exactly why I knew where you were."

We walk into the hospital wing and Madam Pomfrey immediately rushes over to me.

"Oh Merlin there's another one of you." She says and quickly scan me for injuries with a medical scan. "Well you've only got a cut on your forehead and some bruises on your right side. Drink this, and you're free to go." She says handing me a glass of some green coloured liquid.

"Y/n! You're ok." Snape says as he quickly walks into the room.

"Uh yeah I'm fine." I say slowly.

"Ah, well that's good." He says in his more normal tone, clearing realising there were lot's of people around. "I um just wanted to let you know that you got the highest marks for potions. Um well done." He says and leaves the room just as quickly as he entered.

I look at him confused and quickly down the drink and walk out of the room with my sister, Ron, Fred and George. We walk into the common room and sit down on the couch. George falls asleep on the couch next to Fred, Hermione and Ron fall asleep with their heads on each other on the other couch, and I eventually doze off with my head resting on Fred's shoulder.

(---)

The next day the three of us go and visit Harry but he's still knocked out. However we do still leave some sweets and chocolates to make him feel better when he wakes up.

We quickly eat our breakfast and the whole school is talking about what happened. Turns out it was actually Quirrell who was after the stone because You-Know-Who was living in the back of his head. I'm so happy Fred and George decided to throw snowballs at the back of his turban.

Later in the afternoon me, Hermione and Ron are talking on a staircase balcony waiting for dinner when I notice Harry walk up.

"Harry!" I yell down to him. "You alright?"

"I'm alright. You Ron?

"Yeah, I'm alright?"

"Hermione, you alright?"

"Never better." She says smiling.

The three of us walk down the stairs to meet Harry and then the four of us walk into the great hall and sit down ready for our last dinner at Hogwarts for the year.

"Another year, gone! And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarded and the points stand thus." Dumbledore says in his unnecessarily long speeches. "In fourth place: Gryffindor, with 312 points!"

"Of course we are." I say and see Neville give the four of us a look saying 'it was your fault'.

"Cheer up love, maybe next year." Fred says nudging me, which is when I notice for the first time he's sitting next to me. I smile at him and he turn back to face Dumbledore.

"In third place: Hufflepuff, with 352 points! Second: Ravenclaw, with 426 points! And in first place, with 472 points: Slytherin house!"

"Of course they won." I say.

"Yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril: fifty points! To Miss Y/n Granger, for sticking by your friends, even when you were knocked down: fifty points!"

"Yes!" Me and Hermione say together and high five.

"Third, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years: fifty points! And fourth, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure love and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house: fifty points!"

"I think we've beat Slytherin" I say excitedly.

"No way!" Fred says mirroring my smile.

"And finally: it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom!" The whole Gryffindor table cheers and high fives Neville. "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order!" He claps and motions his hands towards the Slytherin banners, where they flap heavily, until the banners have changed completely to red and gold with the Gryffindor symbol "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"

The whole great hall cheers. Well everyone except for Slytherin who look like they've just received the worst news of their lives. I look over at the teachers table and see them all smiling at us. Even Snape has a slight smile and a look of something. Pride, maybe?

We all throw our hats in the air and begin eating our last meal.

(---)

"Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up." Hagrid says ushering students onto the train.

"Bye Hagrid." I say and walk into the train to find a compartment for us to sit in.

Before I find one I poke my head into a full one.

"Hey, remember to owl me ok?"

"Of course love. How could we forget?" Fred says and they smile identical smiles.

I close the door and continue walking down the train until I see an empty compartment, I open the door, sit down, and wait for the other's to join me.

"Feels strange to be going home doesn't it." Hermione says.

"I'm not going home. Not really."

"I know what you mean, it feels like I belong at Hogwarts." I say and we drive off into the distance.

Hopefully next year will be a less chaotic one. 

A/N - well that's first year done. The first chapter of the quad's second year should be out by Tuesday, and there will be more y/n x Fred interaction coming up. It's just quite hard to do when they're so young. Anyway thanks for reading :) 

Year 1 Word Count - 24220