Year 1 - I shouldn't have told you that.

A/N - Okay first, for those of you who actually read this I am so sorry that I haven't posted in almost a month. I've been back at school, I got my driver's license and my mental health just hasn't been that great recently. 
Secondly, I've sorted my life out a little bit now so I'm going to try and post twice a week - Tuesdays and Thursdays most likely.
Third and lastly, I'm going to post twice today and try and post again on Thursday so you'll get three parts this week hopefully. Thank to everyone who reads this :)

"Hermione hurry up we're going to be late." I say rushing her out of the common room. "Harry, Ron you too. You heard McGonagall if we don't get to the hall in time we miss the exam, she won't open the doors!"

"Y/n calm down, we're not going to be late." Ron says as he walks down the stairs slowly.

"We will be if you don't hurry up Ronald!" Hermione yells at him from where she is – a whole flight of stairs away.

We all rush down the stairs and into the great hall where McGonagall is waiting for us.

"Finally, I was about to close the doors. Find a seat now, quickly!" She says and ushers us to seats.

I sit down and begin to write.

(---)

I write until the very end of the time. Honestly, I don't even notice the time is up until McGonagall is standing above me clearing her throat, trying to pick up my paper.

"Oh sorry Professor." I say and her her my pages.

"Now that all the paper have been collected, you may speak to one another. Please remain seated whilst Professor Flitwick gets here to start you next exam. Good luck."

I stay in my seat and soon later Flitwick walks in. After that exam we have Potions, then Herbology, DADA, History of Magic, and Astrology. Flying would be assessed later once we were outside.

Once all of the exams were finished I walked outside and waited for the other three to join me. I spot them walking together a few minutes later and run up to join them.

"I'd always heard Hogwarts end-of-year exams were frightful, but I've found they're rather enjoyable." Hermione says.

"Seriously? That was absolutely dreadful." I say.

"Yeah speak for yourself. Are you alright Harry?" Ron says. I look over at Harry and he's holding his scar.

"My scar. It keeps burning."

"It's happened before though right?" I ask him.

"No, not like this."

"Maybe you should go and see Pomfrey?" I say

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming" Harry says and then suddenly stops. Then he begins to walk even faster towards Hagrid's hut. "Oh! Of course!"

"What is it?" I ask

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?"

We walk up to Hagrid and he's sat on the steps outside playing a flute.

"Oh y/n I forgot to tell you, Norbert got taken away." Hermione whispers to me before we reach him.

"Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?" Harry asks and Hagrid stops playing his flute.

"I dunno. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up."

"You must have talked to him though?" I say

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem."

"Was he interested in Fluffy?" Hermione asks.

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music, and he falls straight to sleep.'" He stops talking. "I shouldn't have told you that."

We all look at and run off back to the castle, all of us knowing exactly where to go.

We run into our transfiguration classroom and straight up to McGonagall's desk.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" Harry says.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London."

"What? He's gone. But we need to speak to him about the philosopher's stone." I say.

"I don't know how you four found out about the Stone, but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories, quietly" She says and gives us a look that we all know not to question.

The four of us slowly walk back to out dorms together.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape. Which means, he knows how to get past Fluffy." Harry says.

"I mean do we really think Snape could do that?" I say. "He is old."

"Yes it is him y/n. And with Dumbledore gone." Hermione says.

"Good afternoon." We here to slow voice of Snape behind us. "Now, what would four young Gryffindors, such as yourselves, be doing inside on a day like this?"

"Well. I – we – uh." Hermione stutters.

"You ought to be careful. People will think you're... up to something." He says and walks away. Before he fully turns though he looks at me with something in his eyes, that I can't quite put my finger on.

"Now what are we going to do?" I ask.

"We have to go down that trap door." Harry says determined and begins to walk back down the corridor.

(---)

The sun begins to set so I go downstairs to wait in the common room for the other to get ready before we go down the trap door.

I'm sitting by myself when I feel someone sit down next to me.

"Hello Weasley."

"Hello Granger."

"What are you up to?" I ask him suspiciously.

"Nothing." He smile suddenly drops into a serious expression. "Look I know you and the others are going to do something tonight. I don't know what, and I don't want to know. But please promise me you'll be careful. And make sure Ron's okay, mum would kill me if he died. But mainly keep yourself safe. Please."

"I will Freddie. I promise. Who would you make a cake for if I died?" I say and he laughs. "You should probably go back upstairs before the other's get down here." I say and stand up. He stand with me and I give him a hug before he begins to walk up the stairs.