Year 2 - Woo Hoo

The rest of the holidays pass by in a blur. They're full of the twins pranking everyone in sight, Mrs Weasley giving us food until we're gonna burst, Hermione reading like her life depends on it, and much debating on whether or not Snape has finally made it into the defence against the dark arts position.

Before I know it we're running through Kings Cross Station because we're late for the train.

"Fred, George, Percy. You lot go in first." Mr Weasley yells towards them as we all run through the platforms.

"Okay y/n, Hermione." Mrs Weasley says to us and we walk through after the boys.

We appear on the other side and start walking towards where the other went with Ginny close behind us. We gather around the outside of the train whilst we wait for our luggage to be gathered and Mr and Mrs Weasley come up behind us.

"Alright you lot, time to go, get on the train." Mrs Weasley says. We all say our goodbyes to them and get on the train.

I hug Ginny goodbye as she walks over to Hagrid with the other first years, then I go over to George and give him a hug goodbye as well, finally I walk over to Fred. He puts his arms around my waist and gives me a long hug. I reluctantly let go and walk over to my sister to find our compartment.

We sit down and it's only then that I notice we're missing two people.

"Where's Harry and Ron?" I ask

"No clue, they're probably running late. They'll be here eventually."

I nod in agreement and lean against the window, closing my eyes, hoping to get a little bit more sleep before we arrive.

(---)

I wake up to the train's whistle going off, alerting us that we're almost at Hogwarts, I quickly hurry to the bathroom's and get changed into my uniform. When I get back I notice Harry and Ron are still missing.

"Are they still not here?" I ask Hermione again.

"Nope, maybe we've finally driven them off." She says and we laugh.

We walk off the train and wait for a carriage to arrive to take us to the castle, Fred and George appear next to us and wait with us.

"Did Harry and Ron come and sit with you on the way here?" I ask them

"No." George says

A carriage pulls up, dragged by invisible horses which I still think is the weirdest thing ever. The four of us get on and sit in silence the whole way there.

I sit down next to Fred in the great hall and we sit quietly as the first years get sorted into their houses.

"So y/n, it's your birthday soon." Fred whispers

"Yes it is." I say

"You're finally gonna be a teenager, woo hoo!" George says and high fives me, which earns him a look for McGonagall.

Suddenly Dumbledore stands up, "You may all go back to your houses now, we have some business to attend to. Prefects, lead the first years back please."

The Gryffindor table stands up and we are led confusedly by Percy back to our dormitory.

Hermione, Fred, George and I all sit on the couches beside the fire playing exploding snap before we go to sleep. The four of us had gotten a lot closer during the holidays. I think we started bonding over the fact that we're twins (Fred and George still don't know I'm adopted), and then the friendship progressed from there.

We're all laughing at George when suddenly the portrait opens up and Harry and Ron come walking in .

"Where the bloody hell have you two been?" Fred asks them.

"Yeah, these two have been in a fit all day." George says.

"Oh shove off George." I say laughing, "Are you two alright."

"Where were you?"

"Well basically, the door to the platform closed off so we drove Ron's car to the train."

"But then we almost got crushed by the train and Harry almost fell out the side of it. So we kept to the side of the train."

"Then we finally got to school but then we got crushed by the HUGE tree and then the car attacked us."

"Wicked." Fred says to which I punched his arm for. "Ow, what was that for?'

"Are you alright? Were you seen?"

"Yes." Ron says.

"To which question?" George asks

"Both."

"What?!" Hermione, who has been oddly quiet the whole time yells. "Are you getting expelled? What's happening."

"McGonagall's just given us detention."

"Oh thank Merlin. Now off to bed with you, we have Herbology first thing." I say and we all walk to the dorms, leaving Fred and George behind.

"Night you two." I say

"Night y/n" They say to me in unison as I walk up the stairs. 

A/N - We're almost at 2k reads! I did not expect this story to do this well haha. Sorry for not posting in agesssss, hope you are all enjoying. :)