Summer Holidays

I wake up and climb out of my own bed for the last time before I go back to Hogwarts. I look over at Hermione and see her sleeping peacefully, I decide not to wake her because if we're going back this week chances are we're going to get no sleep with Harry and Ron. I wonder what school rules we'll break this year.

I walk over to my window and open it when I see the Weasley's owl, Errol, flying in with letters. I take all seven letters from the old owl and give him the two Hermione and I wrote for Harry's birthday, along with his presents. I give Errol a treat and then send him back to the burrow.

I take the the letters with Hermione's name on it and place them on her bedside table, and then I sit on my own bed and begin reading through my four. I quickly open one but then just toss it aside when I see it's only my Hogwarts letter. The second letter I open is from Harry.

Dear y/n

Sorry I haven't been responding to any of you letters, I didn't know you'd sent any until yesterday, my uncle had taken them all before I could see them. On the bright side though, he's finally given me my own room. He didn't like the Hogwarts knew I lived under the stairs, so he moved me into Dudley's second room, it's okay though. It's nice to have wall space and a wardrobe. On the downside he put bars on my window after a house elf named Dobby snuck into my room and dropped a cake on some people.

Ron, George, and Fred rescued me last night though. In a flying car! Can you believe it? I know I should be used to stuff like this, I mean I have been around wizards for a year, but a flying car. That's so cool.

Anyway, I'll probably see you tomorrow at Diagon Alley.

Harry.

I put his letter away and open the next one. I immediately know it's from Ron, just by the handwriting.

Y/n

Hi, I don't really have much to say in this letter. Nothing much has happened these holidays. Fred's talked about you nonstop, but that's about it.

Mum's real excited to meet you. Oh, and she said it's ok for you to stay with us for the rest of the holidays as long as your parents are good with it.

See you tomorrow

Ron

I finally open the last letter and begin to read it.

Dear y/n

You didn't owl me nearly as much as you said you would, which I take as a way of you saying you no longer want to be my friend. How dare you. And through owl? I thought you were better then this.

Anyway, you for some reason decided to make friends with Ickle Ronnikins so that means I still have to see you. I don't think I'll be able to look at you the same way. I'll just see betrayal.

And to think then you'll be staying with us for three weeks before school starts, Merlin how will I ever cope?

No love from Fred and George.

P.S I'm only kidding love, and me and George have some things to show you on the map when you get here. See you soon.

I smile at the letters and get dressed. I'm brushing my teeth when Hermione walks into the bathroom.

"Did you see the book list? We have a book by Gilderoy Lockhart! Do you think he'll be teaching us this year?" She says with excitement. I spit and look up at her.

"Maybe. I dunno. Brush your teeth we're meeting the Weasley's in an hour." I say and rush off quickly down the stairs.

"Morning mum, morning dad."

"Morning sweetheart." They say together. I grab a slice of toast and sit at the table and watch the two of them.

I want a love like my parents. They met when they were in the same class at dentistry school. They got paired up for an assignment and have been together ever since. They got married after a year and had Hermione a year later, got me a year after that when I was one. And now fifteen years and two kids later, they still look at each other as if they've just gotten together. Dad always makes mum a cup of coffee when they get up, and mum always has the newspaper waiting at the table, which he splits up so they both only get the sections they want to read. Dad knows exactly how mum likes her jam on her toast and she knows the perfect amount of milk in his tea. And they still kiss each other hello and goodbye every day, even if they're fighting.

"I'm readddyyyy!" Hermione yells as she walks down the stairs. The four of us gather our things and we walk down to London, through the Leaky Cauldron and into Diagon Alley.