Year 2 - Who's Moaning Myrtle

A/N - I'm so so so so sorry it's been this long since i last updated. i have no excuse i just has no motivation. but i'm back and should be for a while. enjoy :)

"What do you mean it's been opened again? The chamber of secrets has been opened before?" I ask Harry.

The four of us are sitting on the floor of the abandoned girls bathroom putting the finishing touches on the Polyjuice potion.

"Of course. Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he's taught Draco how to do it." Ron says as he leans against the wall.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice potion to know for sure." Hermione says putting something else into the cauldron.

"I'm sorry, but can you imagine that blonde ferret opening up a chamber." I say snickering with Harry. "Also, why are we brewing this potion in the middle of they day? Won't somebody come in and see us?"

"No one ever comes in here." Hermione says matter-of-factly.

"Why not?"

"Moaning Myrtle."

"I thought she was in the bathroom down stairs." I say

"Who?" Ron says at the same time.

"Moaning Myrtle, Ronald." I say

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?

"I'm Moaning Myrtle." A ghost says as he appears from around the toilet door.

She flies up towards the window, leaving Ron looking just as pale as her.

"I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping, Moaning Myrtle." She says.

She screams and then goes flying off into the cubicle she came out of, and into the toilet, causing it to explode with water.

"Bit dramatic isn't she." I say.

"She is a little sensitive."

"Come on, we have the duelling practice in a bit, best hurry up." I say and we all start to quickly gather our things and walk back to the common room.

(---)

"Alright y/n, let's go." Hermione says to me as she Harry and Ron all begin to walk out of the portrait.

"Uh, I think I'm going to stay here actually. I'm kind of tired." I say, pretending to yawn.

"Isn't it compulsory for second years though?" Harry asks.

"Nope, just recommended, have fun you three." I say and the walk out.

I lay down on the couch and close my eyes, thankful to be alone for the first time in forever. That is soon interrupted though when I inhale a familiar smell. I open my eyes and spot my favourite red head sitting on the other side of the couch.

"Hello sleeping beauty." Fred says to me as I start to sit up.

"Hello Freddie. What're you doing here?'

"I could ask you the same thing. Aren't you supposed to be at the duelling thing Snape and Lockhart are doing?"

"Yeah, but I didn't really feel like going. Plus now I can hang out with you. Why aren't you there?"

"Didn't really feel like going either. George went, figured he could just tell me everything anyway. Or I could like sense it, being a twin and all. Surely you could just do that with Hermione since you're twins."

Right, he still doesn't know we're not actually twins. I should probably tell him. But what if he hates me? That was one of the first things we actually bonded over.

"Are you alright love? Seems like you've zoned out."

"Um, yeah I'm fine. Fred I need to tell you something."

"Crap, nothing ever good comes out of that." He says, sitting up straighter, looking worried.

"Hermione and I aren't actually related. I was adopted when I was a baby because my mum died and my dad went to jail. Her parents raised us as twins since we were close in age and I only found out last year. Please don't hate me." I say in one breath.

"Y/n, why would I hate you after that? You had no control over any of it. And I'm sorry about your birth parents."

"I just thought since we first bonded about us both being twins, you would think that we didn't have a real friendship." I say, and he lots taken aback when I mention friendship. Weird.

"You didn't know you were adopted then, you couldn't have known. It's fine. We're fine." He says and gives me a comforting hug.

He releases me and we continue talking about anything and everything for what feels like hours.

"Y/n." Fred says quietly. "Since you told me something personal, I want to tell you something as well."

"Okay." I say as I sit up, becoming a little worried.

"I, um, you see the thing is." He says stuttering. "I lik–"

Before he can finish speaking Harry, Hermione and Ron come barging through the portrait door.

"You're a Parselmouth? Why didn't you tell us." Ron says rather loudly.

"Impeccable timing Ronald." Fred mutters to himself.

"I'm a what?" Harry says, boy he is clueless.

"You can talk to snakes." I say from the couch, they all look over at me and Fred questionably and we both roll our eyes.

"I know I can talk to them. I accidentally set a python on my cousin at the zoo once."

"Good one." I say and laugh.

"But so what? I bet loads of people here can do it."

"They can't mate." Fred says. "Believe me, George and I tried."

"It's not a very common gift Harry." Hermione says. "This is bad"

They continue to talk about something that happened at the duel.

"Do you have any idea what they're on about?" Fred whispers in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"Not a clue." I whisper back.

I tune back into the conversation to hear Hermione say "Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He could talk to snakes too."

"Exactly. Now the whole school's gonna think you're his great-great-great grandson or something."

"Need one more great in there Ronald." I say

"Not helping, y/n." Hermione glares at me, causing Fred and I to giggle.

"But I'm not. I can't be."

"He lived a thousand years ago. For all we know you could be."

"Well that's comforting Hermione, way to make him feel better."

"Shut up y/n. you're really not helping here." She says angrily.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."