Year 1 - He's studying dragons

A/N- Sorry it's been so long since the last update, but here's a long chapter to make up for it. Enjoy.

"Home? What do you mean we're going home?" I ask Hermione confusedly.

"It's Christmas Eve y/n. The train leaves in 2 hours we have to go." She says and rushes out the door.

I rush out of bed and quickly get dressed. I pack a small suitcase full of the things I'll need for the next two week at home, and then climb down the stairs into the common room.

I look around the common room to see who is staying and Hogwarts and only two people catch my eye. The Weasley twins.

"Hey y/n" George says when I walk up to them.

"Hey George. Thought you were going home?"

"Yeah well mum and dad decided to go and visit Charlie in Romania."

"He's studying dragons." Fred says.

"Woah dragons! I mean I guess it's good that you basically get Hogwarts to yourself now." I say

"Yeah we're gonna try and prank the teachers at Christmas Dinner!" Fred says excitedly.

"We've been practicing transfiguring this muggle items called whoopee cushions. Basically when you sit on the – "

"George she's a muggleborn. She knows what it is." Fred says with a laugh.

"Right well anyway, we've figured out how to charm them to look like the bench the teachers sit on" George continues. "So we're gonna put them along their seats and when they sit down it'll be like one massive fart." He finishes with a bright smile.

"It was a last minute though." Fred says.

"No no it sounds great. Well good luck you two, I need to go find my sister. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas y/n." George says hugging me. He lets go and Fred moves in.

"Merry Christmas love." He says squeezing me.

We let go and I grab my suitcase and walk through the castle into the great hall. I find my sister talking to Harry and Ron and I walk up to them.

"Good, you can help Harry, then. He's going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." I hear her say as I walk up to them.

"Hermione we've looked a hundred times." I say.

"Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas." She says and then walks towards the exit.

"You two have had a bad influence on her." I say to them. "Anyway Merry Christmas. See you in a couple of weeks." I say and walk off but stop halfway.

"Oh Harry before I forget, what was your mum's name?" I ask

"Uh Lily Evans I think, dad was James. Why?"

"No reason. Merry Christmas." I say and finally walk away.

"Merry Christmas y/n." They both call out as I leave.

(---)

"MUM? DAD?" I yell as I look on the platform for my parents. I spot them, grab Hermione's hand, and run to them.

My mother wraps her arms around me and my father around Hermione. We stand like that for a moment and then switch parents. Once we all let go my parents grab our things, put them on a trolley and we all walk back towards the car.

"So how is Wogharts?" My dad asks.

"Dad, it's Hogwarts." I say laughing.

"Right right well how is it?"