Year 2 - Cornish Pixies?

The four of us walk into the classroom and find our seats. Harry and Ron together, and Hermione and I in front of them, at the front of the classroom. Hermione's request, not mine.

The door to the office opens up and Lockhart walks out, "Let me introduce you to your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Me." He says beginning to walk down the stairs. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class."

"Merlin, what is wrong with this guy? Does he seriously think he's the best wizard in the world?" I ask Harry and Ron turning around.

"Godric knows honestly, seems a bit suck up to me." Ron says.

"Y/n you're like the only girl in this class who doesn't like him." Harry says to me.

"Yeah well I don't like guys with huge ego's, plus he's basically my dad's age." I say turning back around.

"And five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award." He says.

I look over to Hermione who is smiling and blushing along with every other girl in the class, and I roll my eyes.

"But I don't talk about that."

"Yeah, sure you don't." I say, to which Harry and Ron laugh, and Hermione glares.

"Now be warned." He says taking out his wand. "It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind." He says and taps the cage next to him, which immediately beings to rattle.

He continue, "you may find yourself facing your worst fears in this room."

"Yeah, like being stuck with you for a year." I say to myself, earning a nudge in the side from my sister.

"I must ask you not to scream." He says and begins to life the cover off the cage, "it might provoke them!"

He lifts the cover off and in the cage is...

"Cornish pixies?" I ask, "Of all things to bring in, you chose them?"

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies." He says and I laugh, I'd read about these and they're absolutely harmless. "Laugh if you want Miss Granger, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them." He says and opens the cage.

The pixies fly out of the cage and fill up the room, grabbing anything and everything they can. I stand up from my desk with Hermione and we both run to the other side of the classroom where there's no pixies.

"Come on now, round them up. They're only pixies."

I look over and see two of the pixies grabbing Neville by the ears and lift him up to the ceiling. Poor guy, it's always him that something bad happens to. The pixies continue lifting him up, and settle him onto the chandelier by his robes.

"Help, get me down."

Hermione, Ron and I sit behind some desks with books in our hand, swatting away the pixies when they get near us.

"Stop, hold still!" Harry says from behind Hermione, he swings the books and knock out the one that was holding onto our hair.

"Peskipiksi Pesternomi!" Lockhart says, and nothing happens. In fact a pixie flies down and grabs his wand. He runs back up the stairs and shuts himself in his office. What a pathetic guy.

"What do we do now?" Ron asks.

"Immobulus." I say, pointing my wand up to all the pixies.

Everything single goes still, frozen in place. They're still blinking but they can't fly anymore.

"Why is it always me?" Neville asks.

"Right, all of you, grab as many pixies as you can and shove them back into their cages." I say to the class.

"Why should we listen to you?" Malfoy says to me.

"Would you like to try and do this by yourself? Do you know the spell that will refreeze them when they come unstuck? Didn't think so. Now clean." I say and everyone starts to put the pixies back into the cages.

"Hermione, I need you to use Wi –"

"Wingardium Leviosa to get Neville down, I know." She says smiling.

Before we know it, the classroom is tidy again and we all dismiss ourselves back to our houses for the night.

(---)

The four of us, along with Fred and George are sitting in the common room, and to Ron's insistence, I had told them everything that happened.

"Seriously Granger?" George says.

"That's amazing love.' Fred says.

"It was nothing really." I say half laughing. "The guys completely useless, wouldn't surprise me if everything he did is fake." I say which causes the others to laugh.

"Right then," Fred says getting up. "Harry, George, bed now. We have quidditch training tomorrow. You too y/n, don't think you can hide from me." Harry, George, and Ron all walk up to the dorms.

"I think I'll head up to, get started on homework." Hermione says. "Goodnight." And then she's gone too.

"What if I don't want to go to bed?" I say

"Well I'll make you"

"How? You're not my dad."

With that Fred leans over the couch that I'm laying on and puts his hand on my waist. I get butterflies in my stomach, but they disappear almost as quickly as the came.

He tickles me. I start laughing, because I am insanely ticklish.

"Fred! Stop!" I say between giggles. "Fredrick Weasley!"

He stops, "Ooh you full named me, how dare you." He says laughing.

"Fine, I'll go to bed, just don't ever do that again. Promise?"

"I will never make the promise love. I'll make lots of other promises with you, but never that one." He says and walks up the stairs to his dorm.

I flop back on the couch trying to catch my breath.

"I heard you lay back down on the couch! Go to bed!" He yells down the stairs laughing.

"FINE!" I yell up them, laughing with him, and I finally walk up my dorm stairs and crawl into bed.

Merlin, I like that boy.