Year 1 - Best Birthday Ever

I wake up and look over to my right and see Hermione's bed is already empty. The same way it's been for the past three days. It's out 12th birthday, I thought she would've at least put her issues aside for today. Guess I was wrong. I had spent a bit more time with Fred though, and his twin George who's really nice too.

I climb out of bed, put on my uniform, and tie my hair up into a quick bun so it's out my face. Although some pieces are already beginning to fall out.

I walk down the stairs and into the common room to see that it's already empty. I must be pretty late. As I walk towards the great hall for breakfast a few people in my year wish me happy birthday, which I return with small smile and thanks.

When I arrive at the great hall, Hermione is no where to be seen. I sit down with Harry on my right and Fred on my left. Grabbing a piece of toast, I eat it quietly, ignoring everything going on around me.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a letter landing on my plate. I take the letter from the owl and feed it the last of my toast. I open the envelope to see a letter from my parents.

Dear Y/n

Happy Birthday darling!

We are so proud of everything you and your sister have achieved, and we love you very much. We also can't believe that you two are 12 already.

We are so glad that you're loving your new school. The house is quiet without the two of you, but it's ok. We'll see you over Christmas break anyway.

You're father would like to say that he's not too happy about your friends being male, but I just told him to be quiet.

We hope you have a wonderful birthday

Love mum and dad x

I smile at the letter and quickly fold it back up, deciding to reply to them later. I grab another piece of toast, deciding I'm still hungry after giving my leftovers to the owl.

"In for another piece there, love?" Fred says as he notices me taking another piece.

"I gave half of mine to the owl, thank you very much." I say to him.

"How's the fight with you sister going?" George leans over and asks. I had grown closer to him and ended up telling him about the argument.

"She's still not talking to me. I thought maybe she would've considering it's our birthday but I guess not. She's pretty good at holding grudges. She didn't talk to this girl in our year, Claudia, for a whole 4 months because Claudia stole Hermione's favourite coloured pencil. They used to be best friends, but then it got ugly. They even had to get the principal involved." I say

"Wow." George says.

"You sure you're ok?" Fred whispers in my ear sending chills down my spine.

"Positive." I say with a smile.

"Well Gred, I think it's time to go, we have stuff to do." George says.

"You're right Forge." Fred says.

I look at them confused

"Don't be confused love," Fred says.

"Those are are real names." George finishes.

And with that they walk off out of the hall. Them two were two completely different beings. It's only when they reach the doors to the hall that I realise something.

Fred forgot my birthday.

Not that it matters. I mean I've only known him 3 weeks, but I'd told him about it only 3 days ago, so I figured he'd remember. Whatever, it's stupid. He has other things to worry about.