Year 2 - Whatever Granger

A/N - Sorry for the short chapter again, I had a lot of school work and just really wanted to get something out. 

Also, 16k read?? What?? That's amazing, thank you all :)

"Could I have your attention please?" McGonagall says to the class.

It's been a few days since the message on the wall appeared and everyone's been slightly on edge. Nothing else has happened but we all know something will eventually. It's like we're just waiting for something.

"Today we are going to be transforming animals into water goblets." McGonagall continues.

"Is that even safe?" I whisper to Hermione who shushes me.

"Like so. One, two, three, vera verto." The bird in front of her perfectly transforms into a glass water goblet. The class looks on in amazement at the spell the witch in front of us just performed.

"Now, who would like to go first?' McGonagall says to us. "Ah Mr Weasley."

Ron nods and focuses on the poor rat in front of him. "Vera verto." He says and the rat transforms into a water goblet. Well kind of. The outside if full of rat fur and the handle is a rats tail.

"That wand needs replacing Mr Weasley."

"Hermione." I whisper, "ask her about the chamber."

"No, you do it. I don't want to disrupt the class."

"Ugh fine." I whisper back and raise my hand.

"Yes Miss Granger."

"I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?"

The class goes silent in anticipation for her answer. A few moments pass before she replies.

"Very well then. You all know of course that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Any guesses which one?" I whisper to Hermione which makes her giggle.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods." McGonagall continue.

At the word pure bloods Malfoy looks behind him and glares out my sister.

"Shove off Malfoy." I say and put my arm around Hermione, turning her around.

"Whatever Granger." He says to me.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber"

I look over at Harry who seems to be thinking the same thing as me. Who would want to open the Chamber again?

"and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic." McGonagall finishes

"Muggleborns." Hermione says quietly.

"But haven't you found the Chamber?" I ask. "Surely if it's something as important as that, it would've been found."

"The school has been searched, many times. But no Chamber has been found."

"Not even any secret entries. If it's a chamber of secrets, maybe there's a secret passage to get. You know, keeping with the theme." I say

"No Miss Granger, there is no secret passage to a Chamber, none have been found." McGonagall assures the class.

"Professor, what exactly is said to be in the Chamber?" Hermione asks.

"Well, the Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."

A feeling of dread washes of me, and I assume the rest of the class. Whatever's down there won't stop until all muggleborns are dead. We have to find out what's down there. The heir of Slytherin has to be a Slytherin.

"Hermione," I whisper. "We need to find a way into the slytherin common room."

"I was thinking exactly the same thing." She replies as McGonagall continues on with the lesson.