Year 2 - Pleasure doing business with you

The four of us are walking through the castle, all in silence thinking about what we were just told in class.

"Do you think it's really true?" Ron asks.

"Of course it is, McGonagall's worried." Hermione says, "All the teachers are."

"But if there really is a chamber of secrets, and it really has been opened that means..." Harry says.

"The heir of Slytherin's back at Hogwarts. The only question is, who is it?" I say

"Well let's think, who do we know who thinks all muggleborns are scum."

"If you're talking about Malfoy."

"Of course he's taking about Malfoy, you heard what he said." I say

"I heard him, but do you really think he could be the heir of Slytherin?"

"Mione's got a point." I say.

"No maybe Ron's right. Look at his family. They've been in Slytherin for centuries."

"Crabbe and Goyle must know, maybe we can trick them into telling." Ron says.

"Even they aren't that thick." I say and give Hermione a look. She understands exactly what I'm thinking. Even if we aren't 'twins' we've still been around each other enough to know what each other are thinking.

"What's up? Why are you two giving each other the twin look?" Ron says confused.

"We were discussing a way to find things out in class, but it'll be difficult." I say.

"Not to mention we'll be breaking about 50 school rules, and it'll be dangerous."

"Well what is it?" Harry asks

"Not here." I say. "There's too many people, let's go to the library.

(---)

Once in the library Hermione and I both walk straight over to the section with potions books, with Harry and Ron following behind us, more confused then ever.

"I found it." I say and walk over to the others. "Polyjuice Potion. When properly brewed it allows the drinker to temporarily transform themselves into the physical form of another."

"That's wicked." Ron says "So if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?"

"Yep" I say

"Great! Malfoy will tell us anything."

"Exactly. But it's tricky, I've never seen a more complicated potion." Hermione says taking the books from my hands.

"How long is it going to take to make?"

"A month" I say

"You've got to joking!" Harry says shocked. 'If Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the muggleborns in the school by then. He could attack you."

"I know, but it's the only plan we've got."

"I have an idea." I say and quickly walk away from my friends, ignoring them calling after my name.

I walk quickly and quietly though the school and up to the Gryffindor common room. I walk inside and take a quick scan of who's here when I spot a person I'm looking for.

"Lee!" I say as I walk over to where he's sitting near a window.

"Oh hey y/n, what's up?"

"Have you seen Fred or George anywhere?"

"They're up in their dorm I think. Why?"

"No reason." I say walking off, "thank you though, you were a great help."

I climb the stairs toward the boys dorm and walk straight through their door without knocking.

"Merlin y/n." Fred says

"You scared the crap out of us."

"Sorry you two. I need a favour."

"Sure, what's up?" Fred asks.

"Come sit." George says and he motions to a spot on the floor in front of the two of them.

"I need a Polyjuice Potion." I say. "And before you both ask why, I can't tell you that, right now anyway. And before you say you don't have any, I already heard you both talking about it the other night and how you want to sneak into Filch's office."

They both sit their speechless for a few minutes so I begin talking again.

"Please, it's literally a matter of life or death. It'll be worth it. I'll even help you make another one, and trick Hermione into doing your homework for a week." At their unimpressed looks I reconsider that offer, "Fine a month."

They both look at me and then at each other.

"Pleasure doing business with you" They say in unison.

Fred shakes my hand and George stands up and walks towards his dresser. He pulls out a flask, which he hands to me.

"It's not completely finished; you still need to add in lacewings and then stir it counter clockwise three times. Add the hair and your done." George says.

"You boys are absolutely brilliant and are my favourite people. And you're amazing and wait hold on, what are lacewings?'

"Ah though you'd ask that. Here, add all of these in." Fred says and he hands me a jar full of which I presume are lacewings.

"Thank you again." I say as I walk out of the dorm, the common room and back into the hallway.

I walk along and it doesn't take me long to find my friends walking down the hallway looking defeated.

"Why are you so happy?" Ron asks.

"Well Ron, it just so happens that I know two amazing people who just so happen to have Polyjuice Potion they are willing to give us."

"NO!" Harry says excitedly.

"Just needs these lacewings adding and it'll be done in a few hours."

"Wonderful, we'll finish it in a few days after the quidditch game this weekend."

"Now who's hungry?" I ask and we begin to walk towards the great hall for dinner.