Year 1 - Nicholas Flamel?

I walk back into the common room to the whole house celebrating our victory. I walk through people, trying to find someone I know.

"Y/N!" I hear someone call my name. "Oh my merlin that was amazing." Hermione says.

"Thanks 'Mione."

"And you didn't even fall off your broom. I'm so proud. You finally found something you're better than me at." She says smiling.

"Ouch." I say with a laugh.

She fills me in on what she did with Snape – meaning lighting his coat on fire – to help save Harry. Who knew my sister was capable of harming a teacher?

"Great job out there today Granger." Oliver says coming up behind me. "If you and Potter keep it up we might just win the cup." He pats me on the back and then walks off to his friends.

I continue to circle around the common room, getting congratulated by nearly everyone. Even people I don't know. I stop circling when I see my sister, Harry and Ron walking towards me all with their coats and scarves on.

"Where are you three going?" I ask.

"To talk to Hagrid about Harry's broom." Hermione says, handing me my scarf and coat which I put on over my quidditch uniform.

The four of us walk out of the common room and through the rest of the castle until we meet up with Hagrid, just outside of the school.

"Hello you lot." He says to us as we walk to him.

"Hi Hagrid." We all say.

"Well done out there today Y/n, you too Harry. I've never seen first years play as well as that before."

"Thanks Hagrid." Me and Harry say.

"Although what was going on with your broom Harry. Thought you were gonna fall off."

"Yeah so did I." Harry says.

"Snape was muttering some sort of charm which jinxed his broom." Hermione explained.

"Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid said

"Who knows?" Ron say.

"Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" I say.

Hagrid stops walking. "Who told you 'bout Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?" I ask

"That thing has a name?" Hermione says.

"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine." Hagrid says "I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." He says trailing off.

"Yes?" Harry says.

"Guard the what?" I ask

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." Hagrid says.

"But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Harry says.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid says.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking."

"Exactly." I say agreeing with my sister.

" Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." Hagrid says.

I look at Harry confused and he mirrors my expression.

"Nicholas Flamel?" I ask

"I shouldn't said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid says as he walks off leaving us alone.

"Nicholas Flamel." Ron says.

"Who's Nicholas Flamel?"

"I don't know." I say

(---)

I wake up suddenly and like the dream before I'm no longer in my dorm. I stand up from the same couch and walk through the same hallway, this time entering the door on my left into a small living room.

"Come on y/n, you can do it." A voice said to the small child. "Walk to daddy." The same man who was arrested was crouched down to the baby.

The child was younger this time, so it was clearly before the arresting took place. The baby giggle and pulled herself up from the floor with the help of the couch and toddled over to the man.

"YES! Y/n look at you walking." He says as he picks the child up and swings her around. "Wait 'till James hears, walking before Harry. I'm so proud darling."

"What is all this noise?" The other man from the dream with scars across his face walks into the room.

"She did it Remus, she walked. And before Harry!" The first man says passing the child to the second man – Remus.

"Oh y/n good job! I'm proud of you sweetheart." Remus says holding the child.

There's a loud pop and then another man walks into the room with round glasses like Harry's and black hair.

"Hello everyone" He calls through the house.

"James! Go to Uncle James" The first man says putting the child on the floor and she walks slowly over to James. He picks her up with wide eyes.

"She's walking?"

"Just happened." Remus says.

"Damn." James says and takes out 5 galleons and hands it to the first man.

"Where's Lily and Harry?"

"Both down sick."

"Oh bugger. Stay here with us mate if you want, stay away from the germs." The first man says.

"Yeah I can go make up the spare bed."

"That'd be great. I'll just go tell Lily. Go to daddy y/n." He says as he puts the child on the ground and she toddles over to Remus. He picks her up and smiles brightly.

"You betrayed me." The first man says.

I jolt awake suddenly and wipe my eyes, slowly climbing out of bed.

"Y/n! It's time to get up. We're going home!"

A/N - wow we hit 500 reads! Thank you all