Chapter 11 - Comfort Character

Comfort character:

"A comfort character is when a character, which can be from a TV show, game, book etc. makes you feel safe and happy when upset, sad, down etc."

___________________

When asked to take care of her comfort character, what's a poor girl supposed to do with her heart?

I'm currently waiting near the apartment that Baji and Chifuyu live in. Extra nervous since I'll be meeting my comfort character very soon. If this was a peaceful encounter, maybe I could've shaken off the nervousness and pretend to be completely cool in front of him. But, it's not.. I'll have to somehow convince him to go to the hospital, that is if he has not already gone yet. 

'With his face that bruised up, I don't think he'll come back home without going for treatment first..'  I think to myself, while remembering how badly hurt he was in the manga due to constant punching from Baji. 

As if to prove my thoughts wrong, at the exact same time, I see a badly bruised blonde guy, with blood stains everywhere. 'He's actually going to the apartment while looking like that!'

"Chifuyu-kun." I call out to the boy, in the exact way Baji asked me to.

Chifuyu who is surprised to hear a girl call his name turns around to look at the face of the person who called him.

"I was.. uhm.. Baji-san told me to take you to the hospital." I blurt out the truth, being unable to lie to one of the characters that brought me comfort in my darkest times of life. 

He slowly approaches me, looking as intimidating as ever. "How do you know Baji-san?" 

"I'm just an acquaintance..." I reply. 

"He asked you to take me to the hospital?" He questions.

"Yes.."

"Okay then, let's go." Chifuyu starts walking towards the hospital, with no doubt present on his face. 'He is just that loyal to Baji...'

_______________

I didn't expect it to be that simple to take Chifuyu to the hospital. I was waiting outside the building, looking at the slowly setting sun. 'Baji... please be safe.'  

After getting all bandaged up, Chifuyu comes out of the hospital. "Now that I'm all treated, how will you tell Baji-san about the news?" He asks while making his way towards me.

"I guess I'll just look for him around the town..."

"..."

"Wait, you're serious?" He asks, looking a bit shocked.

"Yeah.. I've kinda been doing that for a while now." I say, not realising that I'm saying the truth without even thinking about the consequences. 

"For a while?" He suspiciously glances at me.

"Aah! he didn't mind though." 'At least I hope he didn't.'

"When did he tell you to take care of me?" 

"It was about a few days ago." I answer, as we start walking towards the way of his home.