Chapter 19 - Familiar Faces

2005

I rubbed my sweaty palms on my pants and was nervously waiting for Hakkai. Today is finally the day I get to meet Yuzuha.. All the 'pretty girl' alarms were ringing loud and clear in my head when I finally saw her enter the cafe through the entrance. Feeling my shyness heighten as Hakkai called out to me and Yuzuha curiously looked at me, I awkwardly wave at the two of them.

"Hi! I'm Yuzuha." The beautiful lady introduced herself and I could only look at her with adoration. 'She's so pretty..'  Feeling a bit shy, I awkwardly introduced myself. It's just that I had a little girl crush on Yuzuha, but it was only a small crush, just a teeny tiny little bit.. She seemed to laugh at my shyness and teasingly called me cute. 'She called me cute...!'

Hakkai was looking at this interaction with keen eyes. Probably seeing me this nervous and awkward came off as a surprise to him. 'Is my sister going to be Taka-chan's rival now?!'  He thought to himself.

"Hakkai's told me a lot about you. You're super pretty!" I gather up my courage and finally say to her what I've wanted to say for a long time and she just gives me an embarrassed smile. "Why thank you, you're really beautiful yourself." She replies and I swear I'll get a fever if my cheeks keep heating up like this.

Unknown to the two of them while chatting, Hakkai was slowly starting to regret having introduced the two together. 'Taka-chan already has a few rivals here and there, and now one more seems to be joining in. And it would be my fault for letting them meet. Knowing this, Taka-chan would probably displace his jealousy as anger and direct it towards ME!'  Hakkai sighs but couldn't say anything as he did enjoy seeing the two of his sisters get along. 

"Really? We're the same age? I totally thought you would be younger than me." Yuzuha says with a grin. "Yup, I'm one year older than Hakkai too."  I smile back.

"Big sis." Hakkai calls and both of us look at him to reply. Realising this, I embarrassingly wave my hands in front of my face. "Sorry, I was just used to-

The both of them chuckle at me getting flustered. "I was calling out to you so no need to get embarrassed." Hakkai says to me. "I just call her by her name." He points at Yuzuha. 

"I want to be called big sis too, hmph!" Yuzuha cutely folds her arms while Hakkai just laughs at her. Not wanting Yuzuha to feel jealous of me getting called big sis, I tell to Hakkai that he can call me by just my name too and he happily obliges... immediately. "Aoi, let's go to the bowling center after this." He says causing my eyes to twitch a bit. 

"Add honorifics you punk." Yuzuha lightly punches Hakkai on the head while he just smiles. "It's okay, isn't it?" He asks while grinning and of course, I can't say no to that face so I just nod back in defeat. "You're too soft to him!" Yuzuha laughs while I just accept my fate.

Taking our leave from the cafe, we are heading towards the bowling center when I suddenly realise something. 'Bowling... Yuzuha and Hakkai... which means that Takemicchi is gonna return from the future today!'

We enter the bowling center and I glance to my side, only to see Takemicchi and Hina there. 'I don't want to interrupt anything so I'll just wait till Takemicchi comes back from the future and realises that Hakkai is by his side.'  I go out to get some drinks and snacks for everyone.