Chapter 14 - Thank You

"BAJI-SAAAN!!" The painful screams of Chifuyu can be heard by everyone.

"Baji-kun.. Why would you... What were you trying to achieve... by stabbing yourself?!" Takemicchi says with a voice full of sorrow.

"..."

"......."

".........."

'Baji stabbed himself

'Baji stabbed himself.'

'I must be an idiot. All this time.. all this time I was acting like a fool. Baji... he's not just a character that I used to love..

He's a human being. 

What was I doing?! Referring to all of them as characters, as if that somehow makes them immune to the pain around them. Observing their lives like it's some kind of story. I kept on repeating words about how I wanted to live a happy life, but.. was I even living? 

I'm alive, breathing here. One wrong step and I could die just as easily. I was only thinking of myself like an extra character. Someone who's unrelated to what's going on. 

I really am... the cruelest. While everyone is striving hard for something, I just stay back and watch it like a know-it-all. As if everything around me was not real. As if.. they're not human beings.. As if they don't have emotions..

Yes this was a manga that I loved, but now it's not just that! I'm part of this world.. I'm a part of this world! Not just a stupid observer! I'm Suzuki Aoi! A human being, living in this world.