Chapter 33 - Phone

Yesterday was pretty hectic. Finally concluding the practice after much complaints, we ate together at my house. The two boys complimented my dad's cooking so much that he was swelling with pride. 

"You can come over anytime!" He happily cheered while Hakkai and Angry agreed enthusiastically.

.

.

.

I was sitting in a cafe, writing down my plans in a notebook. 'The Kanto incident.. hmm..'  I sigh. 'Once Takemicchi comes back, I'll finally get to discuss everything. Takemicchi.. please come back soon. I'll seriously run towards his house if it starts to rain any day.' A sigh escapes my lips one more time.

"Why are you sighing so much?" 

My eyes that were glued to the notebook is finally given some rest when I look at the source of the voice. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, a bit startled by the two boys' sudden appearance. 

"We were about to get something and leave but Inupi over here noticed you from the entrance. So we came to say hi." Kokonoi smiles while sitting on the chair in front of me. He pulls Inupi to sit on the chair beside him as well.

"Oh.." I calmly place my notebook back in my bag. "So why are you sighing so much?" Kokonoi repeats his question.

"It's nothing much." I smile and shrug it off. "Just school work." 

"Hmmm.." Kokonoi nods but it doesn't look like he believes me. "Are you free today?" He asks, causing Inupi to swiftly turn his head to his side. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Inupi whisper-shouts at Kokonoi. 

Albeit confused, I say that I am free.

"That's great! Me and Inupi were gonna go to the clothes store around the corner. But I forgot that I had some other important duties to take care of today. Please go with him~" Kokonoi hurriedly stands up, not giving me a chance to process his words.

"Eh?"

"No you don't have other plans." Inupi grabs the boy's arms, stopping him from leaving.

"Yes I do." Kokonoi flashes a fake innocent smile. "Since we're friends now, it's not a big deal, is it?" This time Kokonoi turns to me and waits for a reply. 

"Yeah.. I don't really mind."

"Great! I'll get going now!" He removes Inupi's grip from his arms and runs off. As soon as he's out of sight, a 'ding' sound is heard from Inupi's phone.

'Thank me later~'

Inupi lets out a deep sigh after reading Kokonoi's message. Why was Koko suddenly trying to play cupid now? He couldn't understand. 

Taking his eyes off the phone, he looks across the table where Aoi is looking at him with curious eyes, slightly tilting her head. 'So cute..' He thinks to himself.

.

.

.

"It's okay if you're busy. Koko can be like that at times.." Inupi says to me, looking a bit worried. 

"No it's fine." I chuckle. "I'll help you!"

"Uh.. thanks." He scratches the back of his head in an embarrassed manner. 'So cute..' I think to myself.

The two of us exit the cafe and start to walk around the street. 

"What kind of clothes are you looking for?" I ask to start the conversation.