Chapter 15.5 - Little Brother

"Taka-chan! Just man up and ask her out a date!" A frustrated looking Hakkai is speaking to Mitsuya.

"Shut up!" Mitsuya just brushes him off.

"If you keep acting this way, someone's gonna steal her away from you!" Hakkai retorts, wanting to help Mitsuya with his new found love interest. 

"What do you know about girls anyway?" Mitsuya just crosses his arms, not wanting to be teased by the other any longer.

That's when an idea pops up into Hakkai's mind. 

"So does this mean, you don't mind if I ask her out instead?"

"...."

"Hah?! What do you mean? She thinks of you as a little brother." Mitsuya lightly hits the poor boy on the head and tries to shut him up.

"Well I can always use that to my advantage and be close to her." Hakkai playfully smirks, but Mitsuya does not believe a single word he's said. "For someone who can't even look at girls without getting shy, you're getting quite confident huh?" 

"It's because I'm getting frustrated looking at Taka-chan." Hakkai pouts.

"As if you could ask her out on a date. I don't really care though." Mitsuya rolls his eyes.

Now for Hakkai, this was a fun reaction from Mitsuya. His always calm and collected, older brother-like captain, starting to get annoyed by his antics. And Hakkai being Hakkai, he couldn't just let it go.

"But what if I did?" He challenges.

"I'll see you try." Mitsuya retorts, not expecting Hakkai to actually dial Aoi's number and put it on loudspeaker right at the very moment.

"Hello." A female voice answers.

"Aoi-san! I was wondering if you were free on Saturday?" Hakkai speaks without a moment of hesitation, leaving a angry looking Mitsuya at the back.

"I am. Is something the matter Hakkai?" Aoi asks and Mitsuya mentally curses at Hakkai.

"Let's go out on a date that day!" Hakkai unlike his usual self, confidently asks Aoi.

"D-Date?" A coughing Aoi can be heard from the other side of the call, probably confused at the sudden change in character for Hakkai.

"Yeah.. As someone who you think of as a little brother... can you please come together with me..?" A Hakkai who has figured out the soft spot in Aoi's heart, pleads to her. 

"You wouldn't deny the favour of a little brother, would you?" At this time, Mitsuya's really had enough of Hakkai but he wants to hear how Aoi will answer.

"Little.. brother..?" 'Oh no.'  Mitsuya thinks. After spending much time with Aoi, he has come to know that she loves acting like an older sibling, and usually has a soft spot for the younger ones when they act cute...

"Alright!" Aoi cheerfully says and Mitsuya can almost see her wide grin through the phone. He looks at Hakkai who seems to be smiling triumphantly at him and wishes to throw him out his house right now.