3

Bokuto POV

I couldn't sleep. I was, in all honesty, excited. It's been years since I've been outside. We have been stuck in that laboratory for years but luckily we were able to develop powers. I never regret being in the laboratory. It was better then my old home.

In my old home I was abused. Abused everyday, every night, everywhere.

My parents never loved me. I was hit for doing nothing. I was hit for doing something. It didn't make any sense.

I was happy when they sold me. I never wanted to go back to them. I know being happy about getting sold to a laboratory by your own parents sounds pretty sad but it was never like that for me.

In that laboratory I was able to meet Akaashi. I was able to feel like someone loved me and loved my company. The countless nights I listened to Akaashi talk to me were the nights I'll never forget.

I stared at Akaashi sleeping next to me. The moon shown over his facial features. He was ethereal.

We've been through thick and thin together. I could never imagine a life without him.

I continued to stare at Akaashi until I heard something in a bush.

I immediately put my guard up. I couldn't see anything due to the dark but I could easily sense something was there. Animal instincts...

Suddenly I could hear a low growl. I squinted my eyes and quickly shook Akaashi awake. He seemed startled but soon understood the situation after hearing another low growl.

"There's over 20 of them" Akaashi whispered to me squinting his eyes where the growl was heard using his night vision. "Appa?" Akaashi tilts his head confused.

The growling got louder and louder. We were surrounded now.

Appa made a "grand" entrance. A large car drove in. The lights shining into our eyes.

Once my eyes got used to the light I could see everything clearly.

We were surrounded.

Surrounded by wolves or foxes? They were all growling lowly, drool and blood all over their mouth. Their eyes were red and they were huge. They were as big as me and I'm already a lot bigger then an average human.

"Long time no see. Bokuto, Akaashi meet the foxes!

Foxes meet your next meal." Appa said smirking.

My eyes widen. I quickly turn my head towards Akaashi and his eyes are just as wide.

There were more of us? I mean we clearly aren't the same but we were all test subjects?!

"Appa why didn't you tell us their were others? I thought we were the only ones? Why didn't you?" Akaashi asked.

"Oh Akaashi poor poor Akaashi... you only just saw the outside world. Unfortunately for you it's about to end. How about I take you to heaven?" Appa says.

I couldn't help but glare at him. He's been manipulating Akaashi since day one.

"Heaven! Really?!" Akaashi says. He looks at me and I quickly shook my head telling him no.

"Yes Akaashi, heaven maybe you'll see some of your friends?"

"Like M10?" Akaashi ask getting excited.

I internally facepalmed.

"Yes of course are you ready to go?" Appa asks Akaashi.

Akaashi just nods and just like that Appa snaps his finger and yelled "ATTACK"