28

Oikawa POV

So they're leaving...

In all honesty I was upset. It really made me feel like I had kids of my own. I would feed them in the morning and then they would go out on their own adventure during the day. When they came home all injured, I would help patch them up and then make them dinner where we all got to eat together. We would have small talk about our day and move onto dessert.

I felt better with them around. Although they never really opened up to me, the little gestures and appreciation they showed was enough. Knowing them they probably had it hard and they were raised differently that's for sure.

When they first left for their mission I didn't expect them to be gone for so long. It worried me that they just disappeared. I didn't know that much about them but I knew enough to know that their mission was probably a hard one.

When they came back home with twins I was beyond shocked. To add to that, they had wings as well?! They claimed that they were the only survivors. Looking at the clothes they were in and the conditions they were in, made me really sad. They were all scratched up and both had a broken wing. I can't even imagine the pain they were in.

When they said they were gonna leave I made the decision to cook up a feast for them. It would be there last night here with Iwazumi and I.

I understood that the only reason why they were leaving was to protect us. I was scared of what was to come if we were to be attacked by the enemies since I am only human and didn't have wings to fly away or anything special. I would probably be the first one dead. Although I was scared, I also didn't want them to leave but what can I do.

It was certainly a miracle that we got to meet these kids. Never in a million years could I have imagined meeting these kids with powers. I guess I could consider myself lucky!

I let my tears fall onto my lap. I was sitting on our bed. Iwazumi was seated next to me, rubbing circles on my back.

"If they didn't care about us, they would have stayed here until they were attacked. Since they cared about us they decided to avoid us getting harmed and left before the enemies could get to us." Iwazumi said. I knew what he said was true.

"Yeah, let's enjoy ourselves tonight." I say wiping away any remaining tears.

"Yeah let's enjoy the time. I better start hunting so we have plenty to eat tonight!" Iwazumi says standing up and stretching.

"And I better start preparing for the feast tonight!" I say.

Iwazumi and I walked back out to the kitchen. The four of them were still seated at the kitchen table.

"Uh. Can we help you with anything?" Akaashi asks. I could tell he was nervous. I just smiled.

"Well I don't have to do much right now. How about you go with Iwazumi and help him hunt. Once we've gotten all the food you guys can help me cook. Sound good?"

"Yes ma'am!" Atsumu and Osamu saluted only to cry out in pain when Akaashi smacked them on the head.

Bokuto just nodded and stood up.

"Well let's get started then, are you guys ready?" Iwazumi asks grabbing his rifle.

They nodded and began walking to the door.

"Let's get hunting then!" Iwazumi says.

Iwazumi POV

"We'll be back soon" I said before pecking Oikawa on the forehead and walking out.

"Stay safe and watch over them" he responds.

"I will." I say even though if we were to be attacked, I bet they would be the ones saving me.