Chapter 37| Which Way

"I can't... I have no idea what I'm doing, alright?"

Julius's POV

I left my room with Ian hot on my heels. The talk had gone well I suppose. I'd gotten a lot off my chest and he'd listened readily and didn't say a whole lot, not that I wanted him to. Yet his hand clutched my shirt as we walked and I glanced over at him curiously and his sympathetic eyes met mine, causing a blush to burn my cheeks.

"Why're you being clingy?" I muttered, when in reality it really didn't bother me.

"You're sad." He breathed and moved closer so his side brushed against mine. "I'm just trying to comfort my mate." He added softly and I felt a twinge in my chest.

He could comfort us in a different way. I want to play with Ember; don't you? Chaos's growl rumbled in my head almost like the purr of a cat and I inwardly scoffed.

Stop being a horny dog. Now is not the time. I dismissed him and ignored his growling complaints. I quickly cut off his words and focused on Ian beside me.

"Alrighty." I chuckled and we made our way downstairs in hopes of getting lunch from the kitchen since we'd stayed in the room through breakfast.

"I'll go grab something." I whispered to Ian as he plopped down on the couch in the living room. He gave me a longing look then nodded and I went to the kitchen.

The fridges were full of food and I glanced through a couple before settling on grabbing some deer meat from the third one I'd opened. I hurried and warmed the meat in a microwave before making some sandwiches with it. I was placing the food in a bag when a commotion made me freeze.

"Fuck off." Ian's voice snapped and I creeped towards the doorway.

"So the beta title wasn't good enough for you? You had to go and fuck Julius too?" Someone said in a snarky yet horribly familiar voice and inside me Chaos snarled. No fucking way.

"C'mon guys. Can't we all get along?" Ian said in a slick sarcastic voice. "If you're so mad take it up with Julius. It's not like I forced him to be with me."

"Sure you just whored yourself into his bed."

"Watch your mouth bitch." Ian snapped and Chaos was itching to get out and put those mutts in their place but he and I didn't want to hurt Ian's pride. After all, we knew Ian could hold his own.

"I'm not the one taking it up the ass."

"Why do you even care? What's it got to do with you?"

"It's disgusting."

"Then why are you so obsessed with it? I mean, I don't go around thinking about stuff that disgusts me all the time. But here you are, thinking about guys getting railed... You sure you're not just in the closet?" Ian asked and I could hear the mocking smirk in his voice.

A/N: Ian wanted all the smoke.

Dammit Ian.

"You fucking slut!"

Okay time to go.

Rounding the corner I saw four men had surrounded Ian by the couch. And sure enough my eyes found him first; Jezebel's dad. As quickly as I'd located him I was rushing towards them all as Ian dodged a blow with expert precision. There was one thing about Ian; he wasn't just good at fighting, he was damn good at it, had the trophies to prove it.

Though, the only reason he'd ever got into fighting—boxing to be exact—was to prove to his father that he wasn't a sissy. And he definitely had shown he could hold his own... not that his father ever paid any mind to it.