Chapter 19| Peace

Julius's POV

"So what are you saying?" My father asked as I sat across the living room.

"Exactly what I said. I have multiple lives apparently and Alexander is dead." I said and looked away from him and he sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

I'd arrived home and once everything had settled down, went to talk with Alpha Kaden. He sat in the chair by the window watching me curiously.

"Alright. Weirder things have happened. Hell, when my mother and father were young, for a moment, they were both immortal." Alpha Kaden said solemnly and I glanced back to him to find that he was staring at the wall with misty eyes.

I wanted to ask him how one loses immortality, but thought it better not to.

"You want to know something dumb about being an immortal wolf?" He suddenly asked and I raised my brows but gave a nod.

"Wolfsbane to the heart can kill an immortal, it defeats the purpose in a way, yet anywhere else the immortal will not die. My father was shot during the Second Civil War, it was a wolfsbane laced bullet and went right through his heart. He died and was revived, but was no longer an immortal. My mother lost hers when she was taken and turned into a Hunter. They preformed a Reversion on her, lacing her blood with Wolfsbane, the poison reached her heart and just like that, she was no longer an immortal." Kaden said and frowned.

"Well then why aren't you immortal?" I asked and he smirked.

"I was conceived before they were granted immortality." He said and I gave a slow nod.

"So... about Alex?" I grumbled and the older man looked to the ground for a long while, avoiding my gaze.

Finally he looked up and a fire blazed in his eyes. He gave a sigh befitting a man like him and said with a hint of grief, "Alexander will be buried as soon as we find his body. He will have a funeral the same as any of us would have—he's still family, even if he went astray."

To this I didn't object and my own heart felt heavy with mourning.

"Alex is dead?" My body instantly tensed at the hollowness of a familiar voice and I couldn't bring myself to look at my mother.

"Amelia—" Kaden began.

"Yes." I huffed and Mom gave a gut wrenching whimper. My hands suddenly felt sweaty. I'd killed my brother—her baby—how can I even be in the same room as her? Hearing her whimpers, it was like being stuck in a room of poisonous gas. I had to leave.

Guilt prickled on my skin and I stood sharply, "I'll see y'all later."

Short chapter!

I'm sorry it's taking so long for this book. I honestly don't even know if I want to continue it...

Hopefully I'll be inspired to finish it. I've got the ending down it's just I don't know how to fill it in.

Peace,

Kayla