Chapter 5 | Goodbye & Good Riddance

"I'm not too good at goodbyes."

Julius's POV

I ground my teeth as I left, my backpack with some items slung over my shoulder.

"Ungrateful little..." I grumbled to myself as I marched out towards my car. It was Saturday morning and after an awkward week I was finally on my way to the Academy.

Currently I was angry that Alexander had ignored me entirely as I tried to say my goodbyes to him and had even went to the extent of barricading himself in his room.

I flung open the back door of my car and dropped the backpack off of me.

I let out a strangled growl as I shoved the bag into the crevice between my seat and the backseat.

The hair on the back of my neck stood as a hand rubbed against my shoulder and I whipped my head to the side to see Jezebel smiling softly at me, concern glinting in her eyes. I shook her hand off and looked away from her with a snort.

"I'm fine Jez." I said but my voice came out rough and annoyed.

"Sure." She said with an amused hint. I fought the urge to growl and gave a curt nod.

Her hand ran smoothly down my arm and I suddenly found my heart racing as she grasped my hand, her fingers interlocking with mine. Her soft hand gave mine a squeeze and I was acutely aware of her warm breath against my ear as she leaned in close. I closed my eyes briefly as she placed a soft kiss to my cheek.

Without a word she dropped my hand and I opened my eyes and watched as she began to walk away. My eyes squinted as I stepped after her and grabbed her waist, her startled gasp filling the quiet air as I twisted her around back to me.

Her wide eyes gazed into mine, surprise and a bit of fear shining in them.

My heart pounded as her eyes flitted to my lips and when her eyes met mine again an invite sparkled in them. A growl escaped me as I swooped in and pressed my lips to hers. My heart felt like it was going to explode as her fingers grasped the back of my neck and I slipped my tongue into her mouth.

Stay calm. It's just a kiss. A damn good one... maybe we could go to my room? Is there even time to? Would she let me? Damn she really knows how to—her hands, Goddess, she's gonna have to stop that touching—this is Jez dammit snap outta it.

I pulled away with a gasp and kissed her forehead as she clung to me panting. Butterflies swarmed in my stomach and I let out a ragged breath.

"Julius," she breathed and I gulped as her hands slid against my chest, "don't leave yet, please." She said gripping my shirt collar and pulling me closer. I breathed in her scent and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Fine. Fine. Are you sure? What about your mate?" I asked trying to hold myself back. Jez and I had both been yet to find our mates. Her fangs slid out and my eyebrows raised as she gave me a fanged smile.

"Bedroom. Now." She huffed.

A smirk tugged at my lips, "Yes ma'am." I growled and hoisted her into my arms.

"Goodbye." Jezebel breathed as she leaned against my car window. I smiled and eyed the hickey on her neck, chuckling to myself. I reached out the window to cup her cheek, my thumb grazing against her soft, plump, raw lips. My own lips were a bit sore.

I took my hand away and she giggled softly.

I leaned back against the driver's seat, her scratches on my back offering a pleasant sting.