Chapter 14| Jackass

"You should've seen the other guy."

A/N: JEZEBEL IS NOT 17 lol

The song above was stuck in my head lol

Julius's POV

I stumbled into the living room and my legs wobbled as I clasped my shoulder were a particular cut was bleeding profusely. I glanced around to see a busy room and a lot of faces. Ian steadied me and I gave him a grateful look, though I was still angered by the whole situation and his eyes told me he knew very well that he wasn't off of the hook yet.

"There he is! J—Get Alpha Kaden!" Someone yelled and most of my pack mates went for help, some stayed to watch.

"Here." Someone said started wrapping something over my shoulder. I nodded to them in gratitude.

"What happened?"

"Alex set an ambush on Julius." Ian stated and a man stepped forward a deep frown on his face.

"What were you thinking?" He spat and Ian instantly looked down. The man was Blaise, his father.

"He was only trying to watch after a friend." I spoke up and Blaise looked at me, a conflicted expression on his face.

"Julius. What happened?" A deep voice silenced everyone and I looked to Alpha Kaden as he walked over. His eyes assessed me and they scowled.

"An ambush." I said plainly and he was silent before growling darkly.

"How many?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I'd say around twenty." Ian said and the Alpha glowered at him.

"And what did you do while all this was happening?" My father asked icily and Ian paled a bit.

"He talked Alex out of it, that's why he's cut up and came back with me. Alex attacked him." I said and father only growled.

"Damned mutts. Twenty wolves for one? That's overkill... Well at least that shows they're weary of you. And you're still standing which is a feat in itself." Alpha Kaden huffed.

I gave a weak nod and Ian steadied me as I suddenly got lightheaded.

"Go to the clinic and get patched up. Then it's bed rest for you until Friday." Alpha Kaden said.

"But—" I tried.

"No. You need rest. You're going to push your body too far." Father snapped and I nodded.

"I'm taking you. Ian, go to your father." Alpha Kaden huffed.

"Yes Alpha." Ian said and let me go and slunk over to his dad.

"Come on." Father said grabbing my arm and leading me away.

My hand dragged over the bandaging on my left arm as I made my way down the hallway towards a specific room in particular.

It was Thursday and a special day. I'd managed to talk my father out of bed rest early and thankfully we hadn't seen any sign of Alex this week.

I stared at the little cake in my hand and smiled sadly. The decorative icing had a large number nineteen on it and in the center of the numbers a single candle.

The cake was a mix of raw ground meet and salmon paste and the icing was peanut butter... still done in the style of a cake, it was gorgeous.

I looked hesitantly to the door in front of me before bringing up my free hand to knock.

After some time the door opened and I was face to face with a frowning brown-eyed man. He ran a hand over his face and gave me a glare.

"What do you want boy?" He asked and I saw him notice the cake in my hand. His eyes widened.