Chapter 6 | Homeward Bound

"Never the same again."

Jezebel's POV

I watched Alexander from a distance, as he walked towards the thick woods. The moonlight silhouetted his figure and after a few moments I backed away from the window and closed my curtains.

My phone vibrated, bringing my gaze over to the desk by my bed. It's screen lit up as I waltzed towards it before picking it up and smiling at a text from Julius.

But soon my smile fell as I thought of what would come when he came home. Alex was still angry and pretty much ignored me to the point we hadn't spoken in weeks.

Julius had been gone for five months. Five long months.

I sat on the edge of my bed contemplating before I laid against the mattress with a huff.

"My my my, I'd thought you'd be the first to see me come home." A deep voice jolted me awake and I sat up freezing as I saw a smirking Julius.

My eyes raked his body taking notice of his addition of muscles. I met his eyes and I felt a twinge in my stomach at the darkness in them.

"Julius." Was all I could say and he gave a chuckle.

"Nice to see you Jez." He said and I got out of bed before hugging him. He grunted and hugged me back, giving me a reeling feel of the toned man he'd become.

"Goddess what were they feeding y'all?" I gasped and Julius chuckled.

"Raw human three times a day." Julius said and I pulled away in shock. I studied his eyes and frowned.

"You're joking." I huffed.

"Am I?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow and I rolled my eyes before punching his shoulder.

"Stop playing." I retorted and he shrugged.

With an abrupt growl he tackled me onto the bed and I squealed in surprise.

"You have no idea how much I missed you Jezebel." He growled as he crouched over me, pinning my body to the mattress.

My heart rate skyrocketed as he leaned in and brushed his head against my shoulder before gingerly kissing my neck. My fingers slowly worked their way to his hair before combing through it.

"I missed you too." I breathed.

My lips parted as he placed his on mine and he didn't waste any time with deepening the kiss.

"Be my Luna." He huffed passed heavy breathing as we broke apart.

Julius's POV

Jezebel looked up at me with wide eyes and groped for words. My heart felt as it was about to beat out of my chest.

I was incredibly nervous for her reply but still couldn't help fawning at her expression; she was so adorable.

I frowned slightly, remembering how I'd met her.

How I met my mate recently at the Academy...

I heaved the brute off of me and stood triumphantly. Tenth takedown today, man was I on a roll.

"Dude. You realize this is just training lay off..." his voice faded away as a lovely scent hit my nostrils.

Mate.

I jerked my head towards the smell and was met with a pair of icy blue eyes. The owner of those frigid orbs was a long-legged beauty was tan with wild curly hair and obviously of mixed decent. She wore a sports bra and Spanx and her toned body was on display. She looked like a warrior... a perfect female Alpha. Her eyes widened as she looked at me and a blush came to her cheeks as she hurriedly looked away.