Chapter 10 | Bloodlust

"Who said I wanted this?"

Julius's POV

"Julius get outside now!" I jumped as the door slammed open to reveal my Grandmother Lexi come blazing through the door.

I looked at her in shock: shock that she was here and also that she just barged into the locked room.

I frowned and looked at the broken doorframe and tried to hold back a growl.

She'd ruined Jezebel's room.

"Hello Granny nice to see you, what's the matter?" I said in a wondering voice, trying to hold off on snapping at her.

"Well Mike and I just got here and you're little brother is outside attacking your sister!" She said and I rose to my feet before racing out the door.

"Get Kaden and Mom too." I growled to her as I hurried outside.

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

I flung open the door and momentarily halted at the sight in front of me.

Nancy was on the ground scrambling away from Alex, her eyes wide, blood oozing from a gash on her forehead and she rubbed her eyes repeatedly as it dripped into them. Brenton stood in front of her, his limbs shaking slightly with exhaustion. He was pretty beat up as well.

Alex was as his wolf, his grey fur lifted along his spine. Blood marring his muzzle as he snarled showing glistening, crimson-coated fangs.

My brother abruptly launched himself forward his jaws aiming for the man's throat.

"No!" A howl broke out and an older man appeared out of nowhere, throwing himself into harms way; taking the deadly blow.

I blinked in shock as the former beta, fell under the weight of Alexander; blood saturating his clothes as it flowed freely from a horrible gash in the side of his neck.

I winced as I saw the horrific scar around his left eye and how his left ear had a bit of outer cartilage, most of it gone.... I'd done that. And thinking of that day brought on a spark of rage which I pushed away. After all he'd just saved Brenton.

"Ryan!" Nancy screeched and fell to the ground. Brent stared in shock before letting out a growl and snapping his fangs at my brother then hurling himself onto him and dragging him off of the dying ex-beta.

"Ryan... w-what did you—why?" Nancy cried rushing over to him and pressing a hand to his wound trying to stop the bleeding. I cringed thinking of Jezebel.

"Couldn't... let... him... kill who... you loved..." Ryan croaked his eyes training on Nancy's face.

"I'm... so sorry. I wish..." he coughed up blood and gasped, "I wish things had been different... my little Cinderella." He brushed a hand against Nancy's cheek and the she-wolf shuddered and let out a sob.

"Ryan..." Nancy cried and the former beta lowered his hand.

"Brent will take care of you... love you how I should've." He sighed and started to take shorter breaths.

"Thank you—I forgive you. Do you hear me? I forgive you." Nancy cried holding onto the dying man's hand.

Ryan smiled softly and his eyes widened as he stared off and I followed his gaze and scowled when a random woman walked up to stand beside Nancy.

Who is this and where'd she come from?

"Rose... you're here..." Ryan sighed and the lovely black-haired woman smiled softly; with a rattling breath he was gone and so was the woman.