12⚫

Tarji .

3 months  later.

I sat quietly with Dub across me.

I was at Kaines house waiting for Kaine cause he was still in the shower and he prolly gone take long.

"You from round here"Dub finally spoke.

"Yeah"I said holding Kaisha in my arms...my 3 month old baby sister.

"How everything going"He questioned.

I sighed "it's going okay I guess I mean I'm paying the bills and all so we good"I lied.

"Where you get money from".

"Why you asking me all these questions"I mugged him giving Kaisha her bottle.

"I heard you dropped out of school and I know you is a stripper"he said making my eyes widen.

"You can't tell Kaine please...."

"I won't"he licked his lips "I ain't with the gossip..if he find out he ain't gon' find out from me"he shrugged.

"Thank you"I let out a breath.

"It's cool Shawty"he licked his lips.

He kinda cute.

"But you really be shaking it good"He complimented...I eyed him for a second then kept quiet...

He stood up and walked towards me making my heart beat a Lil bit faster than usual.

Then he sat next to me.

"I really ain't judging you ma...I know what it's like doing sum you don't wan' do but you gotta do it cause you need money and you gotta feed yo family...I know"He assured me sliding his hand on thigh.

I didn't know what to think or say.

He noticed I was really uncomfortable so he moved his hand "my bad I'm sorry...it's just sum I would do to make her feel better".

Now I'm confused who is he talking about.

"Who is she".

"My ex"he sighed "when she was sad and shit I would lay my hand on her thigh it made her feel better".

"Its okay I get it"I smiled looking at Kaisha.

"She look like a good kid".

"Yeah she is...you wanna hold her?"I questioned him but he just tensed.

"What's up"I scrunched my face.

"I ain't tryna talk about it"he mumbled.

Then I did what he did to me..I slipped my fingers onto his thigh "you can tell me anything"I looked him in his eyes.

"Tyona....my baby girl I couldn't save her..these pussy ass niggas went for her and shot her to death last year she was only 3 she ain't deserve to die..she was punished for my doings"he said pulling out a small picture of her.

"Do you carry it around with you"I asked as tears were about to roll out my eyes cause damn this is sad.

Dub out here walking around like he cool when he know damn well he dying inside.

"I keep it with me all day everyday"he mumbled putting it in his back pocket.

"I'm sorry"I pressed my lips together and laid Kaisha on the couch and hugged him...he didn't hug back for about 10 seconds but he eventually gave in and hugged me back.

"Dub I'm-".

"You can call me Davonte"he told me as we let go.

I nodded sat back down and then again the silence came.