3

Venti almost jumped from his seat when he heard a low-tone voice – was kinda alarming, but it sounded calm. "Allow me to introduce myself," He nodded in response "I, the butler of this castle, Zhongli, is formally greeting the Future Empress. Allow me to be your eye and guide until you reach the top as the official queen of this Empire." Wow... He talks, quite a lot..

"Oh, hehe.. Hi"

"As I was saying, the high-ranks has been really tough lately, everyone needs to be reliable about their own duty, which you should also be doing..." He rubbed his chin as he looks down on the floor.

"Is that so–? Then I shall fulfill my duty... Hehe"

"Very well, I am always here when you need any assistance"

Like what Ningguang said, read it all and all over again – and so that's what Venti did. He memorized at least ten of them... Not enough. "Rule number twelve, always be aware of your–"

"Hey" another voice called, "huh–? Xiao!"

"You look tired"

"Don't worry, I am okay, I've only been here for one hour"

"Come" Xiao lend his hand to Venti, which the other gladly took. "Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere, just bring that rule book along with you" he pulled the braided girl, boy towards the said, 'somewhere.'

"Woaahh, what place is this?"

"This is the garden, I am deeply sorry that I brought you here in the daylight, it is much more beautiful in the night..."

"What are you talking about?! It is already stunning even when it's daytime!!"

"I brought you here because I read it somewhere that memorizing something in such, dark, and commonplace is real torture. That's why I thought maybe it'll be less difficult if you are in a fresh place"

"Thank you so much, Xiao! I will try to memorize now"

They both sat on a bench, Venti leaning his head on Xiao's shoulder as he sleeps. The prince did not get sleep when Venti left, not at all, it made it worst, he couldn't sleep at all. But now that his princess is here, just right beside him, he felt better and finally got the nerve to take a nap.

Venti silently reads rule eleven to rule thirty-five, it was pretty good. He didn't struggle. Maybe Xiao was right, maybe it was easier memorizing things in fresh places.

He closed the book and tilted his head, he saw his prince sleeping and did not think of moving at all. "Xiao... Wake up" he shakes the others head gently as if he was a glass that would break easily. "Xiao..."

The prince slowly opens his eyes, "huhhh..... Mm, sorry"

"Ahh no, it's okay! I memorized all thirty-five of it now, thanks to you"

"No problem, m'lady"

"Xiao!!!!!"

"What?" He looked at Venti as he chuckles "Xiao you know I'm a boy"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Xiao!"

The prince started laughing, the way he laughs... It was the calmest laugh Venti has ever heard, most gentle, most... It just feels like home. What a weird reference, home? Home is where you will find your loved ones.. his family, not Xiao.

He admired the still laughing prince in front of him, no emotions were expressed. Just a glare. Very... Beautiful. Too bad, love is not my focus.

"Uh, Venti? Are you alright?" And just like that, he escaped his deep thoughts and snapped back to actuality. "Yes yes, just thinking about something"

"I think Princess Ningguang is looking for you at this time already... Should you come back?"

"Hm, okay, I will see you!" Venti waved his hand before trying to find the terrifying princess somewhere in this palace. Gladly, it didn't take that much time. "Hello there, princess Venti"

"Hello"

"I have maids here to tour you around the whole castle, you need to know every single place, and spot so you could be aware of your surroundings, just like what it said in rule twelve"

Does she remember rule number twelve?! Venti barely remembers rule twenty-eight, she must have a really good memory. "Don't expect me to go easy on you, everything will get harder and harder each day. I hope that you are worth being the prince's significant other throughout his whole life..."

"Ahh... Yes.." The princess started walking away, leaving some maids with Venti. He froze, he felt humiliated, as if he doesn't belong in here at all – he really doesn't, base on his own thoughts – I mean lady Ningguang is an elegant and trustworthy princess, while Venti was just an accident.

If he didn't decide to steal wine then he would for sure not be wearing a dress right now, not that he wants to. He wants to see his family – but why does it seem so hard to escape whenever he looks at the prince's eyes? Why can't he leave when he has all the time to?

He is currently in the urge of running away from the castle, but why is something stopping him, what is stopping him? He is already getting a bad image. This is not what he wants, all these valuable items, no, he never wanted it. And lastly, he is a boy and will never be a princess.

"Princess Venti..? Is there something bothering you?"

He once again snapped back to reality. Argh, goddamnit why does he keep falling into his deep mind? "No, nothing is bothering me, let's start"

The maids began wandering in the castle with Venti as if Venti was even listening to this stupidity. He realizes, his family. What has gotten into him, why did he stayed the night, when his mother could be dying right now.

No, this can't happen. I do not belong here, what would my brother think when he finds out? Why did I even stay?

"Princess Venti... I am really worried by the actions you are doing, you keep freezing, it is always okay to take a break"

With no hesitant, Venti ran. As fast as he can. Even left his footwear while running, he now felt the cold ground, no crystal sandals, just his own feet. He wanted to get rid of this stupid long dress now and come back home.

He escaped...

He really did. Why does he feel bad?

-

"You're telling me, that princess Venti, escaped?" She chuckled "Interesting, guards shall begin looking for her"

"Will do, your highness"

"Beidou, this princess... Really different, isn't she?"

"I think so too, Ningguang. Sometimes it even feels like it's not a girl... But a boy..?"

"What if it's a boy?"

"Then I wouldn't let the past repeat itself"