13

The sun was again shining bright just like the stars last night, hitting both of their skin as they were peacefully still slumbering. Sounds of soft snores come out of their mouth.

Eventually, Xiao woke up. Sitting up before he faces the sun. He rapidly looked away from it and yawns.

Xiao gazes at Venti as if he just saw an angel sleeping peacefully in a soft cloud.

He decided to not wake him up this time and change his clothes. He went downstairs to see his sister and her wife almost finished eating. "Eat with us" he quickly shakes his head to signify that he doesn't want to.

Whenever this happens, that only means one thing. Xiao wants a tea. So, the maid's brought a glass tray with a small glass cup and a hot tea in it. "Bring me one more" and so the maids obeyed.

When he took his first step up the stairs once again, he saw Beidou standing up from her chair. She's done eating. And he didn't even get the chance to eat with her. He did decline though, only because he knew that they were almost done eating.

An image of him and his whole family eating together at that large table flashes in his eyes,

What if they were a normal family? Will they be happy?

He shakes his head and went upstairs again. His room door creaks as he slowly opens it.

His eyes widened when he saw the sleeping boy's face now in a frown and is whimpering. Earlier he was just in peace, now, seems like he isn't.

He ran towards him and held his hand, "Venti, wake up" he shakes his hand. "Venti" to his surprise, Venti holds his hand tighter as if fighting for his life. "Venti!"

"Uwah!" The man opens his eyes wide and gasped for air. "you okay? You're sweating"

"Ah... I don't know what happened. I'm scared..."

"Don't be scared" He glared at Venti, "I don't know why..."

A moment of... Not-so-awkward silence has occurred.

"...I feel safe right now... Please, stay" he whispered as he closed his eyes, trying to recognize what was happening in his dream. Xiao cough, more likely embarrassed. "O-of course!" Xiao said awkwardly.

"Pay! your! damn! bills! Every time I come here, that hoe is always not home, are you lying to me?!" A girl hits a little boy with a broom, screaming things a little kid wouldn't even understand.

"Stop! Stop! Please... Don't call my mother that... I-i don't know what a bill is... Please stop hurting my brother..!"

"J-just get out of here... Save yourself. I will be okay" the boy demand, "what?! No!!! I won't leave you with this lady"

Venti shivers as he recalled what happened in his dream. Hugging himself because there was no one who would do that for him. "B-brother..." He stuttered. It causes Xiao to get concerned, why was he suddenly like this. What happened in his dream?

Wet liquid slides down his eyes, rubbing his own back to find at least a bit of comfort. "Venti... Uhh, stop crying-" he said, pausing a bit. What do we expect from someone who has never comforted anyone in their entire life?

"X-xiao. Just this once... C-could I- see my family..?" Venti looked at him with pity. Eyes watering as he says his request, his one, and only request. As he hopes Xiao would agree, he grabbed both of Xiao's hands and placed them on his forehead as he kneels on the bed.

"Please..! Please... I'll do anything, I swear. I would do anything you want, anything you want me to do. Just please" the poor boy breaks down.

While the other cannot understand the things he is feeling right now. It was all new. Sympathy? Madness? Sadness? He doesn't know. All he knew is that there was a pang that shattered his heart the moment Venti begged him to do something. "I'll let you see your family, okay? Don't cry anymore" he wiped those tears he hated the most away from Venti's face.