18

"You may now, kiss the bride," they said calmly and the people immediately claps. The queen stares at the king's eyes, sweating as the king moves even an inch. Soon, the king placed his thumb finger on her lips and kissed it.

Nobody noticed it, and cheered even more. The girl teared up. Not because of happiness, but because her freedom is now gone.

She doesn't know how much he can thank this prince, no King, in front of her for not kissing her directly.

"As your new queen, I expect your full faith and loyalty in me," she says, voice shaking. "And I shall now distribute a new rule"

-

Xiao woke up rather late. There's a hint of clue that he did it on purpose so he won't need to eat breakfast with Venti today—that way Venti will feel bad and hopefully starts talking to Xiao again.

The unpredictable ideas in this prince's mind are very... Very absurd, yet it always works.

He yawns before walking towards his bathroom to brush his teeth. He rubs his eyes, and chin while looking at his self in the mirror. He smiled, "ahh, prince Xiao you're very handsome! Please be my partner forever and ever!" He mimics the actions that he thinks Venti would do in his mind with a voice of a little girl as his toothbrush sticks out from his mouth.

He coughs, "hmm... That's a very nice thing to say for a prince like me, how flattering, especially from someone like you?"

"Ahh, Xiao!! Is that a compliment..?" He tucks his own hair behind his ears, "of course, you are the most beautiful in my eyes Venti" he leans into him before cupping his face. Learning in slowly, slowly, slowly... Their lips met. He couldn't feel so much happier.

Not until he realized he was kissing his mirror and is now stained with white bubbles.

He quickly moved away and rubbed his lips. How shameful. He would probably want to live under a rock until he dies if he finds out someone sees him acting like this.

He wiped the mirror using his wet hands—leaving no evidence of the recent things he just did.

Once he finished brushing his teeth, Xiao changed his attire, pretending that nothing happened earlier. When he got downstairs, no Venti on the table, his plan worked. He smiled before taking a seat and eating his breakfast. He happily eats them and waits for Venti to somewhat approach him and starts talking again.

Though even after he finished eating, there's still no Venti. It's okay, there's still a later. He sees Venti admiring his favorite flowers in the garden Qingxin flowers. Those flowers are the best for Xiao, it smells so good and it's just so close to perfection.

He stares at Venti's smile, a bird flying towards him. And now he probably understands why Venti would never like him. But he thinks it's enough this way, just appreciating him from afar. He did many horrible things as a prince anyway... Many horrible things.

"He'll probably never like me..." Venti sighs as he talks to the bird resting on his index finger. To his surprise, the bird started to get angry and made so much noise as if he was scolding Venti. "You really think he likes me not just because of my looks?"

"But... Before I tell him, I need to know this rule first" he glares at the waterfall. "I don't know what the fuck that rule is and what they're hiding from us... But no matter what, I'll find it out"