“So now we're at Mondstadt, because of you.”

“Don't complain. We will never know, we might as well find this person here.” they were walking beside each other, giving one another a piece of the silent treatment. Just the cold and fresh air of this nation making their hair move in some certain direction, some times leaves will fall on top of their head, which they will only remove.

They don't know how many days it's been, or, how many sunsettias they've eaten. All they knew was that they were tired of eating the same thing every day, tired of adventuring, tired of running away from sentinels — they're all scattered the whole Teyvat now — tired of sleeping in the cold hard ground, tired of everything. There were some times when both of them had thought it was better to give up and go back to the castle — maybe accepting that they might just really marry each other right on spot.

But of course, that's Xiao Alatus right there, a strong fucking weed. They wouldn't give up too easily. “We're almost entering the city of Mondstadt, don't you think we should retreat? A lot will recognize the both of us and probably tell the Liyuen's about it.”

“Don't worry! We'll be fine, Alatus. There are not many guards from Liyue in these spots, and I doubt this news would ever reach the city of freedom.” Xiao nodded at that, trusting the weight of his future in this lady's shoulder.

Once Xiao took his first step inside, he couldn't set aside the sudden feeling of nostalgia that hits him, he felt something... Odd. Odd as if this wasn't the first time he's been in here, as if it wasn't the first time he stepped into the border of this city. Has he been in here?

“Boo! Are you alright, Alatus? You look so pale... Are you hungry? I brought some sunsettias.” he shakes his head. He wasn't hungry, no. That wasn't his problem, there wasn't a problem in the first place. It's just... He felt so safe in this city. He felt all his pressure being pushed away, it's like...

A God who once shed tears of blood has written in a stone that two new living beings would be born and would be betrothed to love one another as she pledged to never feel sadness again. But once a frown shaped her face, the lives of them was cursed. By a broken heart, one will perish.

“Venti! Let's go feed some of my pigeons!”

“Venti, go tell me more fairytale books!”

“Venti! Let's go fight some ruin guards!”

A giggle. A familiar giggle. “hehe, okay! But it'll cost you an apple.”

“Here take them all, c'mon.” An orange-haired kid tried pulling the boy's hands, but yet the other two kept resisting the force. “We asked first, Timmie! Back off!”

Hu tao yawns as she placed her arms at the back of her head, inhaling the air of this city that smells, oh, so nice — when she felt that her traveling buddy has stopped in his tracks. “Alatus? What's wrong—” She saw a... Strange, but yet a stunning citizen, being dragged by three kids. She cannot help but get captivated by its beauty. Was it a girl or a boy? Hu tao cannot recap anymore, because now, she was staring at Xiao again. “Did you just see an angel? Boo! Wake up, bro, it's not time to sleep yet.” Hu tao wasn't stupid to not notice how Xiao stares at this citizen his eyes were glowing. I mean, who could ever blame him? Even Hu tao was stunned.

Let's go to this person's point of view, how did they felt after seeing the prince of Liyue and the soon-to-be queen of Liyue? Surely not sad. But once their gazes met, he knew that his eyes were exposing his lies. This surely opens a wound that wasn't supposed to be opened anymore. Seeing his teal-colored hair, and that big topaz eyes, just makes him want to tear up, not tears of joy, though.