7

Venti had a good conversation with the butler about things and of course Xiao. He's still not forgiven but he really – wants to be.

When Zhongli left, Venti was silent again. He sat on the fountain. Feet in the water, still thinking about what the princess's he's told him. About him falling in love with Xiao.

Is it really true? Or they're just trying to provoke Venti into marrying the prince. But again – he doesn't have the right to think bad since he does not know what's really happening in this castle. There's something more... Deep and dark, and it's worrying Venti.

Not only for himself but also for the people who live in it. The people who are lower than them. What could possibly happen?

The only way to find out what's really happening is to – marry Xiao and get associated with the royalty.

Except for the two princesses, Xiao, and that one maid – nobody knew about Venti's real identity. He can't let anyone else know he's a girl. He got himself into this, he can't go back now. Venti started humming as he sways his feet in the water.

Oh how the water moves smoothly with his feet, the air is so fresh. The guards and maids around him were all listening.

Clapping as Venti finished with his humming. And then it came to his mind again – Xiao.

He searched for the prince all around the castle but no, there was no sign of him. Slowly, Venti opens Xiao's room but still failed to find him there. He was about to ask the sentinels guarding the balcony about him until he heard Ningguang and Beidou...

So our thoughts were right, huh? What are you up to?

Protect both of them. They will fall for each other eventually, which she would not allow because of her geeed – so that's where we do something.

I don't dislike the idea... But do you really think we could stop her? We already tried it before and, look at us now.

It's Alatus we're talking about, it's not just me and you fighting for it – Alatus would never let her take Venti away from this castle.

I'm just hope that... This will finally stop.

What..? What are they talking about? Who is she, why does she sound like a threat? Alatus would never let her take Venti away from this castle.

Who is taking Venti, and why? He was about to go outside and ask them but one of the guards block the way using his long sword, "I'm sorry, princess, but no one is allowed here when the princesses are talking" Of course... Venti nodded, "I- I just wanted to ask about Xiao..."

"Prince Alatus is in a duty to capture treasure hoarders roaming around the castle, he might be gone for a while,"

"Thank you!" The guard bowed, and so did Venti. Wow, it would be cool if he could see Xiao fight them... A good idea. Venti smirked and went back to his room.

He wore green shorts, a fancy top, a brown corset, and long white socks... It looks like he was gonna go hunt but eh, who cares. He's just gonna go somewhere anyway... Let's hope nobody sees him.

He slowly made his way outside, avoiding guards and maids. He climbed the tall wall just so the guards wouldn't notice him. Thank God he got these good climbing skills – he's a thief after all.

He went into the woods, hoping he would see Xiao there. He hides in some random bushes until he heard noises. A – a boar? "AHHH" jeez... Venti got ran by a boar, he's now in the ground – trying to stand up. The boar seemed to run away already, thank God.

Venti now has visible dust on his face, not that he cares. He continued looking for the prince until... He's here.

The treasure hoarders are on their knees as Xiao points his swords at them. He looks so cool. Venti's eyes glowed as he claps. Suddenly, a guard picked him up from the back of his collar – just like a cat. "Who are you"

Venti puts his two hands up in the air, a gesture of surrender. "I give up!" He smiled nervously. "Princess Venti, I'm sorry" the control Venti has over these guards... The possibilities are endless...

When Xiao heard the name – Venti – he looked back and there he saw Venti. "hehe, Xiao~"

"What are you doing here?!" He stopped focusing on the treasure hoarders and instead puts his full focus on Venti. "I was wondering where you are and they said you're on a mission!" He mumbled as he crosses his arms.

He knew he wasn't allowed to come out of the castle, but it's for his Xiao right~

This is a great opportunity for them to escape... And so they did. They ran, but one of them ran to Venti and threatens him with a broken glass. "Let us go... Or I'll kill this princess!" He really thinks his tiny broken glass can kill Venti... "Uhm, hey let me go"

"Shut up!" He threatens again, "it's up to your prince if he's gonna save you or he's gonna leave you-" before he could finish – Venti already knocked him down on the ground. Pinning him using his feet.

"I was also a thief so like yeah we're pretty much the same" he chuckled while smiling at the man, not a teasing smile, just a pure smile. "Surrender now or you'll suffer more!" The guards finally acted up.

"What did she mean by she was also a thief-" Xiao kicked him in the stomach, "Forget what she said," Xiao said, Venti didn't think of it before he said those things. He could've been exposed. A real trouble maker.

The guards finally dragged all the treasure hoarders while the one who threatened Venti still looked a little bit surprised and scared. "How did you get out of the castle?"

"Haha! Of course, I Venti – can do anything to get out of hell!" He praised his self while Xiao just looked at him. "You should've seen your face earlier! Hahaha! You were so worried when he threatened me with the broken glass bottle"

He started laughing, "Just so you know Xiao! I'm not weak as you think I am" he teased. Xiao poked his forehead using his index finger as Venti smiled, "Why do you have dust on your face"

"Uh... I got- r-ran by a boar..." Venti stuttered as Xiao poked him again but it caused Venti to almost fall this time. "Be careful next time" he clicks his tongue before holding Venti's hands and followed the guards.

"Mm, will do"

-

"Where were you, princess Venti!?" Ningguang shouted, "I- I came to find Xiao... Well, I wanted to see what he-!"

"I didn't give you permission to talk" She cuts him off as she crosses her arms. "But you asked me!"

"The disrespect" she rolled her eyes, Venti looked down on the ground – trying his best not to laugh at this situation. "You are a very naughty princess. Carry all those books" she pointed a pile of books... That's too many. "Wha- that's too much!"

"My fault?" Venti once again looked down, "Well-" he heard a smirk and looked back on who it was. Xiao. This jerk.