10

As the sunlight hits their faces, Xiao woke up. Woke up from a nightmare to be exact. Xiao considered it as his daily routine – waking up because of that nightmare.

He's used to it, sometimes it still bothers him so much. While panting, he saw the princess snoring loud as possible. Probably taking his time in dreamland. He smiled at the sight of his mouth wide open as funny sounds come out from it.

He shakes Venti by the waist and tried to wake him up. Venti is indeed hard to wake up. Xiao already knew it when they were previously asleep in that one certain tent.

Venti frowned, eyes still closed, as he grabs something he can grab from the side – a blanket. He covered his face with it and continued to snore. Xiao chuckled and lean into his ears, "Do you want to see the kid now? Or you want to sleep more?"

Venti quickly shuts his eyes open, removing the covers, and looked directly into Xiao. "Sayu?!"

"Mm" he nodded, the corner of his mouth slightly curved upwards. The sight of Venti like this is just so cute. Venti yawned as he stretches his arms, the other was just admiring him while he do every move.

"Let's go," he dragged Xiao out of bed and went outside. And no, they did not exactly sleep beside each other. There was a pillow between them as if they never slept together in the tent. They still felt comfortable though, especially Xiao.

He yearns to be yours while you only see him as your charming companion.

"Slow down, we need to eat breakfast first," he said, causing the other to pause. "Yes... I forgot about that" and so he dragged him to the table. Long table. He still wonders until now, why so long If there isn't that many people eating in it.

They don't even eat together. And yes, it's sad to Veni but now he's here – he's here to join Xiao eat every single day.

They sat beside each other, waiting for their food. A short girl came out of nowhere holding a jar of orange juice. That must be... "Sayu!" Venti shouted in amusement. Eyes glowing as he adores the little kid as if she was his brother, or well, daughter.

The kid placed the jar carefully on the table, barely even reaching it by at least she placed I safely. "Hey, eat here beside princess Venti! You must be hungry" he looked to his side and he saw Xiao, glaring at him.

"Oh... Wait!" He stood up, he went to Xiao, and made him stand up. He made Xiao sit on the chair next to the one he used before, just to make the kid sit beside him. "There! Come" Venti smiled as the little girl sat beside him.

Their breakfast finally arrived. Venti was glad it was a waffles with syrup and strawberries, a meal that Sayu would definitely like.

The lack of emotion she has was pretty hard. It was hard to know if she was glad or irritated. She was just eating her food peacefully, not even an expression on her face.

"Thank you... Princess Venti, maids said I only eat lunch and not breakfast so I was hungry"

"They said that? Everyone shouldn't be skipping their meal... Don't worry, I won't let that happen"

"Sayu, used to it.." She said before she continues munching on her food. Venti's face softens as he looks at Xiao. The prince looked back at him, shrugging his shoulders.

When they finished eating, Sayu got back to work. As Xiao goes to his practice area where he and Beidou – sometimes guards – would practice their sportsmanship.

Venti was left alone. Not knowing what to do in the castle, he just walks and walks until he saw the familiar blonde boy again. Aether.

He looked like he was in a rush, or no – panic. He does not look okay. "Aether!" He waved as the boy looked at him, eyes widened as Aether started running towards Venti. He pushed him somewhere hidden.