34

Kiss!

Kiss!

Kiss!

I was getting angry and impatient as people scream for me and Hu tao to kiss. I didn't want to do this, my lips are not for her. But if I refuse to do this then it will affect many things. What do I do? Should I choose my dignity over freedom?

Hu tao looked very red, too. I assume she was uncomfortable.

I also saw Venti by the end of the table, staring deeply at us with speculative eyes, I couldn't read them anymore, what was he thinking? I know he won't get affected but I also didn't want him to get the wrong idea... Fuck I don't even know why I'm afraid he'll get the wrong idea.

Why was I even still saving my lips for him? It's impossible to ever kiss him again.

I was cautious to cup Hu tao's face, as if I was already taking care of a glass that I could break anytime I lean in closer — it was definitely not her face, there's something else that feels fragile... It's like if I kiss her, something would break.

I doubt at first, staring at her lips.

Eventually, I went to lean in. The moment our lips touched, I felt my heart hurting. This wasn't right. I have someone I love, it's not her, it's someone else. I heard everyone screaming when I pulled away, and I feel sorry that I didn't even give Hu tao another look. I'm trying to look for the boy earlier, archons I don't even know why I'm looking for him!

I saw him crying on someone's chest, that someone was a red-haired man who covered his eyes — Venti escaped his grip before he ran away from the feast. The man also followed after him, what are they going to do?

I left everyone — including Hu tao — in the feast shocked when I also ran after the both of them. I don't even know where they're going, I was just afraid they'll do something.. Unholy. Or something.

I didn't care when people kept shouting at me to come back, no. I have a priority in my mind, and that's not this feast.

Following them was quite hard to maintain, they're way faster than I thought —not to mention, I am still sick at the moment, Hu tao even told me to avoid running too much. But I didn't care. I did not feel sick at the moment because all that was in my mind is a crying Venti, and I didn't like seeing him cry.

I even got lost! For fuck sake.

I looked away for seconds and they were gone! I don't know a lot about Mondstadt's geography, I didn't even know how I was able to go to Mondstadt city.

I was just walking in a straight way, assuming that they also went that way.

I started slowing down once I heard some screaming, as if someone was arguing.

“Give it back!—”

I dropped my coat on the ground as I see my Venti kissing the man he was with earlier.

“Venti...”

This felt unfair that I wanted to explode.

I couldn't stop tears from forming. My heart felt like it was stabbed many times. God, getting stabbed by an actual knife is even better than this fucking bullshit! My eyes couldn't leave them until they were done, surprised to see tears trickling down Venti's cheeks.

My mind couldn't process anything.

Why was he crying after kissing that man?! He should be happy! He hurt me, isn't that what he's always wanted to do? There it is. You've done it, Venti Barbatos. But no matter how much you hurt me and slap the fact that you don't love me anymore in my face, you'll still be the one I want, and I will chase after you until I couldn't walk anymore.