🏮11. Finding Nova (part two)

The little pixie blushed slightly at the sound of awe in Amber's voice but shook her head yes.

"Thank you and well done." Amber set the pixie down and handed the little pot of mana water to the pixie. Amber stood up and walked over to the door. Dodging the puddle of blood on the floor, she rushed out after the orange haired man. As she was leaving the room, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She looked over and saw the little pixie sitting on her shoulder contentedly sipping the mana water. Amber didn't remove the pixie, she felt a bit of happiness knowing that she wasn't entirely alone.

Amber exited the servants building and quickly walked up the path to the side door. Luckily she remembered meeting that man earlier, when he bumped into her. That bright orange hair of his couldn't easily be forgotten. She rushed up the path as fast as her legs could manage. Hopefully he hadn't gotten too much of a head start.

When she gets to the clearing at the front of the forest, the auctions are in full swing. She glanced at the stalls with a moment of frustration, because she was hoping to participate earlier. There were a large number of people sitting in chairs in front of each auction with brightly colored paddles colored in yellow, orange, and red. Every person was wearing a hooded robe and she couldn't see anyone's face. She looked at the crowd in frustration. How was she supposed to find the orange haired guy in all of this mess?

The pixie flew in front of her face and pointed at a cage near one of the stages. In that cage is her little white fox biting at the side and growling. Next to the cage was a stocky brown haired man with scars all over his face and arms. He was wearing some tight brown pants and a matching long brown leather tunic. He was holding a long black shiny stick and when he stuck it through the bars of the cage, a blue light shot out of the tip and zapped the fox. It screeched in pain and slumped onto the floor of the cage.

Amber's eyes glowed from within while rage bubbled up inside her. The pixie landed on the top of her head and held onto her hair with a malicious smile on her face that matched Amber's. Gray fog spread out from the pixie. It flowed down Amber's hair and slid down the rest of her body like it's embracing her. Her body felt cool as the pixie's magic washed over Amber. Amber paused for a moment and looked down at her hands.

Her eyes widened and she gasped when she looked down at herself, because she'd disappeared. "Thank you," she whispered to the pixie and continued to rush forward. She grabbed the zapping stick from the man. Once she held the stick in her hands, it was immediately swallowed up by the gray fog, and disappeared too. The man looked around in confusion for the stick, then he felt a painful zap on his butt. He yelped and spun around, sure that he must have somehow dropped the stick, and accidentally zapped himself. He looked up and around to see if anyone was watching his embarrassing display when he felt another zap on his crotch.

"Ah!" He screeched and ran off of the stage. While his back was turned, Amber grabbed a hold of the cage, and it too was quickly swallowed up by the fog.

The shadow pixie looked down at Amber with a contemplative look on her face while Amber ran into the edge of the shadow forest and broke open the cage. She gently pulled out the fox and held him to her chest. "Are you alright?"

It softly whimpered and then snuggled up in her embrace and kissed her arm. A rose colored light escaped from his mouth and traveled under her skin. Unbeknownst to her, a small rose colored crystal formed on her left earlobe shortly after he kissed her. Then a matching crystal formed on the inside top of his ear, like matching jeweled earring studs. This was no ordinary little white fox, this was the legendary nine tailed celestial fox. Although he was currently a cub, with proper care he would quickly grow into a magnificent creature who wouldn't be easily looked down on.

The shadow pixie looked down at Amber with a contemplative look on her face. Although it was still a cub, she knew that Celestial's wouldn't attach themselves to anyone easily. It must have sensed something good about this girl. She glances down to the happily snuggling fox and back down at the top of Amber's head while her heart beats wildly in her chest. It would make things a great deal easier. The little pixie bit her lower lip and quickly lowered her mouth to the top of Amber's head, before she lost her nerve.

She blushed as she kissed Amber's hair and her own gray light escaped from her mouth and slipped under Amber's skin. It too traveled under Amber's flesh and condensed into a little gray jewel just above the rose colored jewel on Amber's left ear. A matching gray jewel appeared on the little pixie's ear. The pixie reached up and touched the little jewel on her ear. A grin appeared on her face and she bounced on top of Amber's head.

This was her very first master and she was feeling quite pleased with herself. She was a compatible fit with the same master that a legendary nine-tailed fox had picked. The master bond worked without a hitch. If they weren't compatible, then Amber's body would have rejected her bonding light and it would have been pushed out of her body without the crystal forming.

[Hi], she said experimentally into Amber's mind.

Amber paused her actions and looked around for the voice.