🏮15. Dare to Bet?

The three women took turns ordering, as if they were trying to outdo one another. While occasionally they took turns shooting sideways glares at Amber, as if she were a grave robber. The doctor stood up while the women were ordering and walked around the other side of the table, to sit next to Amber.

"May I have the honor of knowing this enchantress's name?" The doctor said with a lecherous look plastered on his face. His nostrils flared, as if his nose was straining to breathe in as much of her deep floral scent as possible. Amber looked at him sideways and then scooted her chair away from him a little further.

"Screech!" Amber jumped slightly in her seat as the man scooted his chair closer to her.

She could feel his hot breath curl around her as his ragged breathing picked up momentum and his cheeks flushed in excitement.

"Did you know that I'm considered a great man?" He said while breathing heavily through his mouth.

Amber glanced at him. Then looked him up and down, while raising her eyebrow in skepticism. Just then, her tea arrived with a plate of sushi rolls. Amber poured herself a cup of tea from a light blue teapot and took a delicate sip. She sat her cup down, then picked up some sushi with her chopsticks, and slipped it into her mouth.

Doctor Denari watched as she pushed the sushi roll past her beautiful lips and wrapped her mouth around the chopsticks, right before she started to chew. His saggy double chin jiggled as he swallowed with greed glittering in his eyes. He allowed his eyes to wander down her body in an overt way. He didn't even bother looking away when his food was set in front of him. She continued to eat while his eyes caressed her curves and irritation bubbled up inside her.

"It's true, I'm a well known physician within the province and am known as a divine doctor of the Zephyr Sect. People come from miles around in the hopes of being seen by me," he continued. Then reached out his hand to her hair while she drank tea. She instinctively dodged his outstretched hand and tossed her tea in his face. She looked down at her empty cup mournfully and then picked up the pot to refill her cup, while tea dripped down the doctor's face.

His face turned red as the tea dripped down his face and onto his white robe. He pulled out his handkerchief and patted his face dry. However, when he looked back into her stunningly beautiful appearance, he couldn't suppress his strong desire to subdue and claim her as his property. These other women had also bent to his mighty will eventually.

"Rest assured that you will be well taken care of from now on. I have decided that you are now my woman and are now my fourth concubine. I don't have a main wife yet, so if you please me enough, you may be able to take that honor for yourself. Listen up girls, this is now your sister concubine."

"Yes, Lord Husband," they all said in unison while glaring at her angrily.

Amber took another sip of tea while watching this strange play they were putting on. This was decent enough entertainment, since she had no access to her favorite dramas in this life.

"Bang!" Amber looked toward the closest stairway to see a large man laying face down on the floor. He lifted his face up and reached up, rubbing his bright red and crooked nose. He grabbed hold of it and yanked it to the side. "Crack!" He reset his nose and stood up to his monstrous height. If Amber were standing, the top of her head would only reach to his chest. Not only was he tall, he was also big boned. His shoulder length henna hair and dark brown eyes looked like a friendly, but oversized playful dog. He was wearing a simple white tunic with a thin brown leather vest, matching brown pants, and boots.

He lowered himself on one knee and lowered his head to Denari. "Great Doctor, I heard that you're here and urgently need your help. My name is Fudd Hill and my mother is Mabel Hill."