🏮67. Plans and Plots

ZEN

Zen lightly crawled into the opening of the cave from above and along the ceiling. He ended up in a room in the back of the cave. There his master was lying down on a bed while breathing heavily. His skin had a blue tinge to it, giving him the appearance of a man at death's door.

His long black hair was fanned out around him and his eyes were closed. Upon closer inspection you could see swirls and spikes on the surface of his skin, white patterns decorating his flesh and small crystals that sparkled like diamonds. Although this did nothing to detract from the Ice Emperors appeal, he was suffering greatly from it.

Zen's clothing quietly rustled as he flipped down from the ceiling and landed gracefully on his feet.

The Ice Emperor's eyes popped open, glowing light blue and unseeing. "Is she here?" He spoke in a hopeful whisper.

"She is not," said Zen.

"You said she would be here."

"She will be. I've made contact with our informant and they've successfully switched out her warp ring. Just as soon as I can get her to use her warp ring, she will arrive here. Is all of this actually necessary? Couldn't I just grab her up and bring her here?" said Zen.

"It's necessary, I need her to be willing in order for it to work. I've waited so long, so long for this wretched curse to be over. Her eyes are really purple?" said the Ice Emperor.

"Yes," said Zen.

"Good, I'll trust you. Just make sure that you don't keep me waiting too much longer. I'm not sure how much longer I can last," said the Ice Emperor.

"Zen obeys."

Ena

"Oh my freaking gosh, can you fly any faster?" said Ena while lounging on top of Fluffy in a dramatic pose, with the top of her hand on her forehead.

"I would love to get there before I die from old age," she said.

Fluffy rolled its eyes. It had already compacted itself because she said that it was fluffier in a smaller size and easier to make invisible. Not that Fluffy really saw the need to be invisible, being a Celestial Cloud and traveling through normal clouds. How much more could it possibly camouflage itself? Here it was, a Celestial being, listening to the commands of a mere shadow pixie. It turned around and blew out some air, zipping across the sky at thunderous speeds.

"Yaah!" Ena screamed.

Finn chuckled while subtly gripping onto Fluffy with all his might, trying to not show an ounce of fear on his face. He was also a Celestial and had his pride to uphold.

After what seemed like hours to Ena, Fluffy stopped blowing out air, and suddenly stilled. By this point Ena had collapsed onto her back like she had died. Finn was stiff like a statue and was holding onto Fluffy rapid breaths came out from his dried lips. While his long fox ears laid flat down against his head. His eyes were glued open and dry from the wind blowing into them.

A light chuckle that sounded like puffs of wind escaped from Fluffy's mouth.

"If you don't like the way I fly, you can always just get off. You have wings, although I rarely see you use them," said Fluffy.

"Dying...dying," said Ena while lifting up one arm and flicking her hand forward. "I'm too sick to move. Can't...lift...my...head," she said in a quiet strained voice; play fighting with Fluffy as per usual.

Fluffy blew out some more air, suddenly zipping them across the sky once more.

"Fluufffyyy!" Ena screamed while zooming through the air.

Fluffy suddenly stopped once again, poking itself partially on the other side of the clouds to look around.

"You're evil. Why are you torturing me? Why do you want me to die?" said Ena.

"Shh, It's time for you to do that cloaking thing," said Fluffy. "We're here."

Finn was laying on his side by this point with lowered eyelids. He didn't say anything or even lift his head. Everything around him seemed to be spinning and tinting in odd angles. Why did he have to get in the middle of these two? Would this motion sickness ever end?

"Really?" Ena said while popping her head up excitedly and sitting up. She crawled over to the edge of Fluffy and looked down.

Below Fluffy there were mountains and in the center of those mountains was a large field filled with rare herbs. Nestled at the back of that field was an old castle that had stood there for generations and was the home of the Silver's. They were a renowned medical family in the empire of Verglas. Their home was just slightly smaller than the Emperor's castle, as was the law. No one was permitted to make their home larger than the royal castle because it was a symbol of their authority. If anyone did, their home would be knocked down. While those living inside it would have their properties and lands sold. They would either be put to death or their titles would be stripped and they would be sold into servitude. Everyone took this law very seriously now, since the results of breaking it had been demonstrated more than once.

The Silver's castle housed the many branches of their family and had for generations; with rarely any of the branches moving away. If one of the family members got married, they would likely bring their new spouse into the family to live at the castle. The only real exception to this was if their spouse was a member of royalty or was the inheritor of their family's title. For this reason, Silver's tended to not marry people who would inherit their family's title.

The castle was round in the center with a flat roof top garden. Only the most valuable herbs were there. There was a platform in the center of the rooftop garden with a large gazebo. All around the center, there were other wings of the castle. Those areas were added later on to accommodate the growing family. From above, the shake looked like a giant sunflower. Each separate wing had its own outside entrance with a plaque above the door. In the center was a common area.

Sitting in the center of the gazebo, cross legged, with her eyes closed, was Cray. Bright yellow light was being sucked out from the air and swirling around her. Her whole body was glowing while zaps of electricity kept shooting off of her and onto a lightning rod standing outside the gazebo.

"Well there she is. Now we just need to find Master's book," said Ena.