🏮 43. Royal Tea Party (Part Two)

The table Amber was sitting at, was in the middle of a stone covered clearing, surrounded by flowering plum blossom trees, and a short stone wall. The clearing was slightly lower than the surrounding area, so it felt a bit sunken. All of the round tables were covered with a white table cloth. In the center of each round table were three tiered pure silver stands covered in pastries and little sandwiches. On each table, there were eight small tea pots in front of each sitting guest.

As a Baron's daughter, she wouldn't be allowed to sit at her current table normally, but in this instance, she was also the First Prince's fiancé. If it hadn't been for the unusual circumstances of her birth, she also wouldn't have been chosen to be his fiancé. It was widely suspected that eventually the First Prince would find himself seated on the throne. Most people felt like it was just a matter of time.

Personally, Amber didn't care all that much for a throne, unless the throne was hers. She had allowed the thought of sitting on a throne of her own to roll around in her mind. Of course, in a patriarch society, she wouldn't be stupid enough to easily voice that thought to others.

Amber settled in at her assigned table with Cray on her left and the First Prince on her right. In total, eight people were seated at the table, including herself. While one person silently stood behind each seated person.

Behind Amber, Jenna silently stood with anger and jealousy apparent on her face. Every once in a while, she looked at the First Prince longingly, as if she were trying to incite Amber's wrath, and cause a scene. Amber chuckled internally and ignored the little game Jenna was playing. Amber had no interest in that garbage man.

A much more interesting man to pay attention to was sitting across from Amber. Although she didn't want to get involved with anyone romantically, she wasn't dead or blind. She could easily appreciate looking at him. He was none other than the beautiful elvin man that she had admired in the Shadow Forest, shortly after meeting Nova. He had long light purple hair that reached to his knees which had diamond chains resting across it. An intricately woven golden crown, embedded with diamonds, rested on his head. The diamonds and his hair sparkled in the light. His golden colored, almond shaped eyes were enchanting and the rest of his features were elegant and handsome. Looking at him was like admiring a beautiful, but poisonous flower. He was wearing a long white robe with intricate golden flower stitching, and wore a large purple ring.

He hadn't touched the tea pot in front of himself. His artistically beautiful hand, with pointed nails, wrapped around a wine glass full of iridescent and sparkling white liquid. The liquid had an odd scent to it like cotton candy that had a slight metal undertone. Amber watched as his front canines extended while he smiled and looked at her with lowered bedroom eyes; then sipped. After he was done drinking, he slowly ran his tongue over his upper lip and his extended upper canine teeth. His fangs then retracted and a somewhat pleasant smile appeared on his face, as if nothing out of the ordinary had ever occurred. He lowered his empty glass and one of the twins quickly refilled it from a solid dark pitcher that she was holding.

A shiver traveled down Amber's spine and with it, a thrill that she'd never felt before. She could feel goosebumps forming all over her body against her will. This man was dangerous, it was obvious, but her logic couldn't stop her from feeling intrigued regardless of her mind screaming at her about danger.

Amber was only freed from his hypnotic stare when he turned his head slightly and whispered too quietly for her to hear towards the other twin elven woman standing behind him. The twin replied in a voice so quietly that it only looked like her lips were slightly moving in patterns that Amber couldn't follow, but no sound came out.

Those two servant women were the twins that Amber had watched fanning him the first time she'd seen him. The two women were identical with short platinum hair, ice blue eyes, beautiful delicate features, and pointy tipped ears. They were wearing identical silver dresses with thick metal bracelets around both of their wrists, just like the first time she'd seen them. This time she recognized those bracelets for the magic restraints that they were.