🏮81. Bold Taste

Amber looked over at Duke Dreyfus who had stepped through the double doors.  The runes painted with a strange black ink, eerily glowed from being activated.  Standing behind the duke was Omar and several mages in white robes. They were all covered in blood, with ripped clothing, and wrapped in bandages here and there.  Right behind Duke Dreyfus, Omar was holding a bright red egg, with the same texture as the Yin-Yang dragon.  However, the red egg was half the yin-yang egg's size.  Large puffs of green smoke poured out from the top of the egg.  The shell had an ominous rippling flame-like glow and a quiet hiss could be heard from within.

Amber blinked upon seeing the small red dragon egg held in Omar's hands.  She didn't remember there being two dragons in Duchess Dash. However, she did remember that shortly after Duke Dreyfus gave the first prince a dragon egg, he suddenly became quite a bit stronger, and took over the Sayo Empire.  That empire was centrally located, just under the Verglas Empire, and on the other side of the Navin River. From the looks of it, he'd planned on quietly taking the Yin-Yang dragon for himself, while giving the small fire dragon to the First Prince.

Although a baby fire dragon wouldn't be of any interest to the duke, it was quite useful to a potential ruler of the yuki-onna empire.  Looking at the fire dragon egg, it became very obvious why Verglas's royal council were intimidated by the dragon enough to name the First Prince, as the Crown Prince.  So even though Amber already had possession of the Yin-Yang dragon, she still needed to take possession of the baby fire dragon.  She needed to stop the events in Duchess Dash that would lead to her death.

Amber sighed while looking at the smaller dragon egg held in Omar's arms.  "What a pain," Amber mumbled to herself.

Duke Dreyfus slowly looked Amber up and down while his breathing caught and his cheeks flushed.  "You're a rather bold woman, aren't you?  Although tempting, your seduction techniques won't distract me from my goal.  I will claim the Yin-Yang dragon for myself," Duke Dreyfus said.

"You must be an evil siren sent from the island of shifters, in order to temp, and seduce me. The females over there are far too bold.  That must be the only reason why I find myself impossibly drawn to you.  Had anyone else done this horrible thing to me, I would have killed them immediately on sight.  Do you take joy in the pleasure of my suffering?  Do you enjoy making me want you to this extent?  I'm becoming mad with the desire to subdue and train you," he said.

Amber took a step away from the heavily breathing nut bar and lifted up an eyebrow.  "You think I'm trying to seduce you?"

"Why else would you walk around in a place you knew I was going, while wearing boldly revealing lingerie?" said Duke Dreyfus.

"Ah yes, my bold shorts and tank top." Amber rolled her eyes and then looked down at her feet with a false shy look on her face.  She rubbed her foot up against the metal floor to appear bashful.  "Actually, I came here with the intention of meeting Omar again.  We spent a lot of private time together and decided to become an official couple.  I think I may have made him angry though, so I'm trying to make up with him," Amber said.

Omar's face paled while looking from Amber to the Duke. "That's not true, your Grace.  She and I have nothing between us."

The Duke's eyes glowed with rage and his jaw clenched.  Red light flickered just beneath the surface of his skin while he stared Omar down.

"I don't believe you.  Why wouldn't you want this magnificent creature?" Said Duke Dreyfus.

"Magnificent she may be, but she's more than I could handle in a woman.  Your taste in women is quite unique and intimidating," said Omar, as a trickle of sweat made its way down the side of his face.

"She is magnificent, isn't she?" Said Duke Dreyfus.

Omar pursed his lips, but didn't reply.  Apparently that was the only thing Duke Dreyfus had absorbed from what Omar said.

"Which is why I'm not willing to give up my Lotus to you.  Fight me," said Duke Dreyfus.

"Excuse me, your Grace?"

"I said, fight me!"

Omar stepped away from the Duke, who looked like he could burst into flames at any moment.  "There's really no need," said Omar.

"There is a need.  She needs to see that no other man is better suited to her than I am," said Duke Dreyfus.

"I won't fight you for her, I don't even want her," said Omar.

"How could you say that to me?!" Amber yelled hysterically. "You told me last time that you loved me!  You said you would be able to run away with me soon, after you collected some things from the Duke!"

Omar's eyes widened as he looked at Amber in horror, then he dropped the egg, and ran out of the room.

"Catch him! Catch that backstabbing swine!" Yelled the Duke as Omar pushed people out of his way.  Ripples of fire magic danced on the surface of the Duke's skin.  He exited the room and slammed the doors shut behind him, while he chased after Omar.

"No one goes into that room while I'm gone.  No one talks to my Lotus and no one allows her to leave!" Yelled the Duke while quickly going after Omar.

A frightening smile spread across Amber's lips and a little chuckle escaped.  She walked over to the red dragon egg that had landed on the floor.   Then she bent over and picked it up. When she stood up again, she was holding two dragon eggs. One big black egg with white swirls and one red dragon egg.

She pulled out her new black leather bag that the duke had somehow donated to her.  She made sure it was empty, before putting her new dragon egg babies into it.  She happily squealed while looking at their adorable appearance.  Then she pushed mana into her teleporting ring.  Her whole body was surrounded with a black light and then she was gone.