🏮14. A Not So Divine Doctor

The three women accompanying the doctor looked like they could easily be his granddaughters, if they weren't obviously trying to crush their generous boobs against his sagging flesh. The girl's cleavage was half hanging out and pushed upward to a painful looking degree. They had no wrinkles on their youthful faces and silky hair. The girl hanging onto his left arm had hair like peach silk and matching peach eyes. The girl hanging onto his right arm had shiny golden hair and blue eyes. While the third girl had dark auburn hair and dark green eyes. Their dresses all matched their hair, they had empire wastes, and were covered in ribbons, ruffles, and jewels. They hung on his arms and giggled delicately behind their fans, like he was the most charming man in the world.

He waddled towards the hotel at a slow pace, while trying to navigate through the women's skirts and his robes with each step. By the time he reached the front door, he was slightly winded. The incessantly chattering women took turns fanning his face while he walked.

Amber watched as the annoying blonde man rushed towards her, as if he was on a mission of destruction. She lifted an eyebrow, pulled a gold coin out of her pocket, and threw it at his forehead. Her muscles weren't nearly as strong as they had been in her past life, so the coin didn't stick into his skin like she was hoping it would. She sighed in disappointment when it bounced off his forehead and landed at his feet. It only left a slight red mark behind and didn't even leave designs. She'd give it only one point.

The man bent over and picked up the coin with wide eyes, before looking up at her in shock.

Amber stared at him with deadpan eyes. "Now run along and do your job. This is me asking nicely.

"Yes Lady! Right away!" Did she not know what a gold coin was? He could only get such a thing after two months of work! Being able to toss around gold coins without any thought was a luxury beyond his imaginings. How did he manage to find this great goddess to bestow such an object on him? He knew one thing though, a person like this must never be offended. He could tell by looking into her eyes that offending her might be the last thing he ever did. "Will you be staying with us or will you have dinner?"

"Both," said Amber.

He smiled and bobbed his head like a good host. "Wonderful! My name is Brian and I'm happy to be of service to you this evening."

The blonde haired man called over another person to move her carriage. Amber picked up her little sleeping fox and carried it into the hotel, following her suddenly very hospitable escort.

Luxuriously dressed people sat in the beautiful restaurant part of the hotel. The large room had white marble floors, high ceilings, and round tables with white tablecloths on them. The chairs had intricate carvings and plush cushions. There were purple star shaped flowers in the center of every table. On some of the walls were detailed oil paintings in ornate frames. Overhead there was a large balcony that overlooked everything. There were only two larger tables separated by a painted folding room divider on the balcony. The balcony had two stairways and in between the stairways there was a large long clear tube, big enough for ten people to comfortably stand next to each other inside it.

The blonde man walked over to the reception desk and stood behind it, next to the receptionist. "Where would you like to sit and under what name may I put your stay with us?"

"Put my stay under the name Lady Jinks," Amber said.

He pulled out a couple of papers for her to fill out and then she gave him a deposit fee. He handed her a long handled silver key on a silver key chain. The key had the number forty-seven on it. Amber glanced at the heavy silver key and then stuffed it into her coin pouch in her pocket.

"Where would my lady like to sit?"

Amber pointed up at the last empty table on the balcony with a bored look on her face.

His eyes widened in surprise, but he made no objections and bobbed his head in recognition, before rushing up ahead of her to bring her to her seat. He pulled out her chair and handed her a menu, while filling her glass with sparkling water. From time to time people down below looked up with frowns on her faces. They leaned in towards each other and spoke quietly amongst themselves.

The Divine Doctor and the three women, came down from the ceiling, riding in the clear tube between the stairs. They stood on a clear round disk inside the tube. Once they reached the floor of the reception area, the walls of the tube opened up. The clear disk floated out of the tube, carrying them to the reception desk. Once they stepped off of the disk, it flew up above everyone, and back over into the tube. It entered the tube and the walls closed back around it. Then the disk shot back up to the ceiling and out of sight.

Doctor Denari talked with the person behind the reception desk and then he and the three women looked up at the table where Amber was sitting. The man at the desk said a few more words before the doctor walked her way with the women chasing after him. The man at the reception desk kept on looking to the right and the left. He started going one way and then stopped himself before going another way. He continued with his indecisive behavior and ended up doing nothing, except wringing a perfectly good handkerchief nearly into shreds.

The doctor and the three leaches walked up the stairs as quickly as he could manage and stood before her. "Get lost, this is my table now," he said while throwing a couple of silver coins down on the table in front of Amber. "You wouldn't be able to afford this establishment anyway."

Amber ignored the doctor as if he were the wind. It sent a strange feeling deep into the doctor's old bones. He hadn't experienced being ignored since early on in his youth. People always fussed over him, but she didn't even deem him worthy enough to turn her head towards. He could feel his face turning red, but he talked on as if he hadn't noticed her rude behavior.

Just when the waiter walked up, the doctor sat down at the table. The women looked down and then joined him at Amber's table.

"What would you like to eat?" the waiter said.

Amber opened her mouth to order, but the doctor interrupted her, "Oh, she's not staying. I'll have the orange duck, mint lamb, and Burton ale for starters."

The waiter looked at them in confusion and then looked at Amber for confirmation.

"Omakase, chef's choice. Any type of sushi that he feels confident in, two of each type, and konacha tea," said Amber.

The waiter smiled at her while he wrote down her order and the interlopers glared at her.

Amber lowered her hood down and untied her robe. Then she slid the robe off of her shoulders and neatly draped it over the back of her seat. The anger on the doctor's face melted into shocked wonder as he caught his first glimpse of her. Her long shiny silver hair glistened like glass and her large doe-like lavender eyes with long curled eyelashes were breathtaking. Her well shaped little nose and pretty pouting lips begged to be devoured. He imagined sucking on that plush bottom lip of hers. His three women watched his reaction. Noticing that he was instantly entranced, rage bubbled up inside of them.