🏮55. Rose Colored Dreams

After cooking the meat and making sure that the smoke wafted out; exhaustion washed over Amber in waves, to the point that she felt herself becoming sick. She hadn't been sleeping very well lately with too much swirling around in her mind. She knew that she would be busy for the next few days and so she should take a moment of peace when she could get it. After making sure that her webs were secure by tugging on them, she laid down on her canopy bed. She had only intended to rest her head for a moment, but as soon as her head rested on her pillow, she fell into a deep sleep.

In her dreams she found herself in an underground cave system with ceilings ten times as tall as she was. Above her were large pointy black rocks that looked a great deal like swords. From a distance she could hear the sound of an underground spring gurgling to the surface. As she continued to walk, the darkness intensified. She felt an eerie fear creep up her spine, as if she were being watched.

She continued to walk deeper into the cave, until she was surrounded in darkness, and could no longer see anything at all. Her hearing intensified while listening to the little sounds around her. She heard the scraping of rocks underneath her feet and the skittering of rodents somewhere deep in the cave. She couldn't tell exactly where the sounds were coming from, since the echo's were bouncing off the walls. She swallowed in nervousness, but continued to walk forward anyway. It was as if something were compelling her against her will.

She felt a warm breeze curl around her fingers and travel up her arms, caressing her. Amber shivered as the breeze traveled along her jawline and tickled her lips. Although she felt awkward, she couldn't make herself stop walking deeper into the cave. She was drawn to something in the cave that she couldn't ignore. She frowned in annoyance.

Up ahead she saw dark purple spots and blinked in confusion. After a moment, her brain registered them as knee high purple flowers shaped like lilies and made out of dark purple glowing crystal. She could partially see through them, like smoke filled glass. She could occasionally see smoke swirling around the inside of the petals on the purple flowers. As fascinated as she was by the glowing smoke and crystal lilies, she continued to walk past them. This was not the destination she had been drawn to.

At the end of the cave, past some hot springs, there were two large double doors. The doors were made of stone and reached all the way to the top of the cave. They gave the impression that whoever lived behind the doors must be a giant. The doors were black with red and gold swirling designs. In the center of both doors was a vivid carving of a white nine-tailed fox. As Amber nervously reached out and wrapped her fingers around one of the handles, the fox carvings on the double doors opened their eyes. The fox carvings made no other movements while looking at Amber. Then after a few moments, their eyelids lowered once again. Blinking at the sight, Amber wasn't sure if she had seen correctly, or if her imagination was just running wild.

She pushed the door and was surprised to feel it easily swing open, even though it was so huge. The door effortlessly slid forward with only a slight creaking sound. Once she entered the room, she felt a strong gust of wind push her hair back and like a cork being pulled from a bottle, she heard a popping noise. After the popping noise, there was no other sound in the eerily quiet room. There was a single beam of light, which lit up a podium in the center of the room. There a single sarcophagus made from solid gold lay. It glimmered in the light, both eerie and beautiful. Amber slowly walked forward step by step until she found herself standing beside the golden sarcophagus, looking down at it. The gold on top was shaped like a beautiful man. Amber reached down, touching the noble nose, beneath his intense phoenix eyes. She ran the tips of her fingers along his beautifully formed lips and along his sturdy jaw line. The smooth, cold texture left a tingling sensation shooting up her arm. It woke up her nerve endings and shot nervous excitement throughout her entire being. After she ran her fingers down the length of the statue, the gold glowed, and thick cracks formed along the seams, breaking the silence.

Amber stepped back as bits of gold fell off the statue until there was a man in its place. A man with the same face as the statue sat up. His long, shiny white hair hung down and draped over his beautifully toned bare chest. She felt that invisible pull towards him once again and found herself unconsciously approaching him. His thick white lashes flicked up and her eyes were met with intense rose colored eyes. They stood out in shocking contrast beside his shining white hair. It was probably the most entrancing sight she'd ever seen. Every one of his movements were elegant, inhumanly too perfect. It was shocking to see his flawlessly toned skin and sparkling hair. The way his hair perfectly draped over his chest, when he tilted his head, made him seem otherworldly. He was more beautiful than a painting or an airbrushed model. Although she felt pretty confident in her new appearance, compared to him, she felt dull and clumsy.

Her eyes locked onto him while she approached him again, feeling clumsy in her movements; as if she were clomping forward. A wicked grin started to slip onto his lips as his eyelids slightly lowered. The tip of two fangs appeared underneath his upper lip when he smiled and light glistened off their sharp points.

Amber stopped approaching while staring at his exposed fangs. They were pointier than the Elf Prince's fangs and a bit longer.

Why do some of the men in this world have fangs? What do they need them for?

[Come] She heard a voice whisper into her mind, smooth as silk, and enticing. [Come to me.]

Amber's eyes widened and her heart started beating rapidly.

Pressure pressed against her lips and the feeling of warm liquid glided across the surface. Amber squirmed in discomfort and frowned when she felt her body encumbered. Her eyes blinked open and her vision abruptly filled with emerald green eyes and a man's lips pressed up against her own.