Chapter 11

After school I called Scott to find out where he had snuck off to and found out that he had gone to see Danny at the hospital. He had found out that Jackson had recorded himself on the night of the full moon to see his transformation. I surprised myself when I was able to keep the comment that him recording himself was both creepy and egotistical.

Getting to my car I headed over to the Jungle where Scott had told me that Danny had the video in the car. I pulled up just as Scott rode his bike into the parking lot. After Scott checked the back of Danny's car, he put his bike in the trunk. We stopped at a grocery store on the way to the nature preserve. As I drove, we talked about what Danny had told him. He also told me that Argent had told his mom that if he failed any of his midterms he was going to get held back. While I knew that a bit of this had to be Argent's way of trying to get to Scott, I also knew that with everything going on it didn't leave much study time.

"So." Scott started. "Speaking of failing and grades. I've been meaning to ask you something."

"I'm not doing your research paper for history." I teased.

"No not that." He laughed. "Coach kind of wanted one of us to talk you into joining cross country next semester."

"Really?" I was on the cross-country team last year with my friend Cameron and had thought of joining here. However, with the supernatural consuming my every other thought I had started thinking extra curriculars may need to wait a year. "Why did he want you guys to talk me into it?"

"He kind of promised a free A on anything besides the final and mid terms to whoever got you to join."

"So, you're using me for a grade?" I smirked.

"Completely."

"I'll think about it."

Once we entered the woods, I was glad that I had Scott with me because if I had been alone, without his ability to sniff out Allison and Stiles I would have been driving around for hours. Pulling up beside the transport van I reached into the back and grabbed the bag of groceries that I had picked up, knowing that Jackson and Stiles probably hadn't had much to eat that day. After Stiles gave Jackson the food Scott explained what he had learned from Danny.

"If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima he's not going to remember Danny stealing the tablet." Scott told us; frustration clear in his voice.

"Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?" Stiles asked

"My question is when would he have even taken it? And if he did take it where could he have put it? In the club?" I questioned, absent mindlessly fiddling with the charm on my bracelet.

"What if someone else took it." Allison suggested.

"Then someone knows what he is." Stiles pointed out.

"Someone's protecting him." Scott smiled. We were finally figuring at least one thing out. That there was someone else involved with this.

"The bestiary says the Kanima seeks a friend, right? Maybe he found one." Allison added.

"I guess that makes sense. I mean Danny said he had to recover the video. Wouldn't that mean that someone had to mess with it to begin with?" I looked at the three of them. "That would mean someone would have known the entire time and was just fine with him killing people?"

"You said the Kanima goes after murderers. What if that's true?" he asked Stiles.

They went back and forth for a few minutes trying to figure out why it would have tried to kill the three of them. Scott said that it wasn't trying to kill them but Stiles brought up the pool. Stiles had told me that he had to tread water for two hours while the Kanima stalked them. I mentioned that if the Kanima was just killing to kill then it would have killed Erica rather than just knocking her out which made Scott realize that it was just keeping them in the pool.