Chapter 6

A black light. Countless screaming soul. The ominous netherworld fire...

It was as if the scene before their eyes was coming out straight from hell.

Illi approached the terrible scene. Not affected by the heart shuddering scene.

Aside from the child who was protected by a layer of shield by the egg on his bosom. X, Y and Z face was stricken with horror. Clutching their chest.

They seem to be lost in a hallucination of nightmare.

The ghouls were hovering around them.

The screaming soul cirlcle around Illi but Illi have an unperturbed expression. She was a bit psychopatic. Psychopath does not have emotion. Although she was not a psychopath, she was high functioning sociopath at the least, one of her nuerotic was that she does not have fear. Sad right? Even hate, she cannot sum up. If not she will hate those scientist fellow who plan her death.

She only felt a lingering regret on not finishing her experinment. Her obsession.

She slowly but steadily walk towards the egg that was at the center of all the terrible scene.

The hell fire have burn her clothes and her body.

Her fleshy body melted revealing  her bone. It was a horrifying scene.

Illi raise her brow at her melting body.

The melting of her body was painful, the pain could not be described with word. Like countless ants biting her body. Like her body burn to death.

In this case, it is.

This kind of pain, she feel it for the second time again.

At her past life when the solar flare occur. She was burned into a crisp. She still survive with her roasted body.

She could feel when her heart and brain were stored in a fluid container. Her soul was trap in that brain and heart.

Later, it was put inside a body of a brain dead patient. Her brain and her heart.

Only then could she regain control of her 'body' again.

Atleast now, she can still walk forward even with her skeletal frame.

Her skeletal body was controlled by her energy to make it walk forward. She no longer have muscle to control the bone so she has to used her energy.

She finally reached the egg.

Once she touch the egg, at a rate visible to the naked eye, a fleshy body started to grow.

Her blood vessel, tissue, musle, tendons, intestine, skin...

It was as if she encounter a complete rebirth. Better yet, a complete rejuvenation, modification or body upgrade..

Half of her black hair turn white.

A strange pattern of red tattoo spiral around her left hand.

Scorching red spider lilly that was said to grow beside the gate of hell bloom on her left face giving her a devilish beauty.

A red brocade draping over her body.

Illi glance down at the pitch black egg.

"Little thing, How much have I suffer to obtain you? You have to do lot of things for me to compensate you know?"

A mellow chuckle rang out and carried away with the billowing wind.

At the distance, the child look intently at the devil like beauty Illi. He was not aware that he was mesmerized.