Chapter 11

*

The child breath a sigh.

He dazedly gaze at the celing.

The deadly poison insect that have torment him day and night have finally been removed. His body feel very comfortable. It was as if a heavy boulder have been lifted from him.

The child then shift his gaze at the brightly smiling Illi.

"Eat this pill, you won't have to wait for the stitches to heal up"

He obediently ate the pill. From the initial to now, the child suspicious nature have gone down a lot, that is, towards Illi. His porcupine like defense is basically non-existant in front of her.

"X, go bring the Crystal ball that could test one spiritual root. I need to choose a suitable martial arts technique for the little cub"

X quickly fetch the crystal ball.

Once he brought it, Illi place it before the child "Just place your hand on it"

The child hesitated a bit but still place his hand on it.

The crystal ball turn grey and foggy.

"Its a fog spiritual root, the trashy root"

X quietly mumble.

The child hearing was good, once he heard that it was a trashy root, he froze and then his face started to get pale.

He nervously gaze at Illi and then look down, not having the courage to face her.

Don't know when, but the child wanted to show Illi his best side.

With such a trashy root, Will Illi not want to take care of him anymore?

The little child hand ball into a fist. He was afraid of receiving the disgust and indifferent look from Illi.

However, Illi on the hand slap X back "What trashy, this is a good spiritual root ah~"

"But this was well-known as a waste root"

X was not willing to give up. He thought that his boss just spoke up to console the child wounded heart. X does not have much qualm of a conscience and look out for people feeling, even if it is a child.

Illi side-eyed X "Do you think your lady boss is the type to speak nonsense?"

Only then did X come back to his sense. His lady boss is such an apathetic person, how can she look out for people feeling? If it is bad she will just say bad without caring for other feeling.

If it is good then it is good.

This is also the part where Illi subordinate greatly take after the personality of their master.

"Lady boss is wise, Lady boss is awesome and mighty"

X hurriedly make an amend, bootlicking his boss and spew out a bunch of rainbow farts. He dare questioned his taciturn, demanding of complete obedience Lady boss. He will surely received a punishment.

He can only praise his lady boss to high-heaven to reduce the intensity of her punishment.

"I like what you said, I am indeed awesome. Now, Go and personally take care of my plants" Illi raise her chin haughtily as if the praise was meant to be.

Surely, X have got a rather narcissistic boss. But he personally feel that his boss is really the best.

The punishment, he can handle it seamlessly now. Those plants that used to give him nightmare, he was able to take care of it now, although a bit tedious and tiring.

'Call him The great X, Master of the plant'

X smugly thought than happily left to receive his punishment.

The perk of throwing a bunch of rainbow farts at their lady boss is self-evident.

Illi look around her space, she finally spotted what she was looking for.

It was not a martial art technique. She only have that one legendary 'Titan Arum' martial books. Don't expect other of such calibre from her.

What she take out was the nature and diversity of fog.

On the year 2895, Illi remember that particular fog that nearly eliminate half of humanity. Its sinister ability and various deadly characteristics, she has a complete data analysis of it.

It just happen that she bring along with it. If she didn't bring along, she could note down each and every analysis again. Her memory have always been good.

"Read this, you will get a good insight on just how powerful a fog can be. Try to receive enlightenment from it, don't listen to X nonsense, fog is very powerful. Its just that people of this continent don't know how powerful it is"

The child hug the book tightly.

He will surely become powerful.

The child then glance at Illi, although she gently console him, her eyes are devoid of emotion. Even if she smile, her gaze does not contain a bit of happiness.

It was always like this. Her expression is very colourful but her eyes does not hold a shred of emotion except apathy.

Only affection and adoration will leak out time to time when she conduct her experinment. Her eyes will sparkle beautifully. It was the reason why he got attracted to such a gaze that was full of overflowing beautiful emotion, everytime she conduct her experinment.

He want to receive that gaze of such strong affection, but he don't want himself to be her experinmental subject.

He want to receive that affection in a human identity and not as a livestock or some lab subject.

Illi does not know the various thought swirling inside the child mind nor does she know that the various human expression she imitate to make her appear more friendly and humane was seen through by the child.

The child have always been sensitive to emotion.

A shadow flash by, one of the member of nocturnus came knocking on Illi lab room, informing the young mistress that the master call for her and then immeditely left after being dismissed by Illi.

Illi sigh "Everytime that old man ask for my presence, it will be nothing but me having to go out and do something, what a pain in the ass"

"Wat a pan in da sass"

Scarlett incoherently imitate her master.

Illi bemusedly glance at Scarlett who was crouching down beside her leg "Are you a parrot?"

"Al you a pallot?"

Scarlett imitate Illi with her baby voice again.

"Z! Go teach the two baby how to read and write, their age is small, not even one years old but their mentality is old enough"

Z very much want to loudly proclaim 'Lady boss, I am not a nanny!' but he does not dare defy his lady boss order and could only greviously order someone to bring him study materials.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Terribly terrible.
She's a villain.
One as sweet as caramel.
She's my saint.
Think I'm getting butterflies,
But its really something told me to run away.

-Sub Urban (Inferno)

**

Cosmos Owl:

I don't feel good.

Son, I am suspicious that you are engaging in puppy love but I do not have a proof!

Craving for affection is what most child would have. But I have this ingling feeling that my son craving of affection is another kind of affection.

Deeply suspicious, but no proof. I cannot just sue someone without a proof ah...

**