Chapter 9

Illi clutch the child hand and her other hand holding a flaming torch.

They were walking down towards the underground. The step was steep and seem kind of endless as if to be swallowed by a bottomless abyss.

It was gloomy and eerie with a death aura lingering around.

They were going down because the egg they incubate at the underground tunnel or room is going to hatch.

They have a feeling it was going to hatch.

The egg was incubate on a dead liquid. It was extracted from countless dead bodies. Its the underworld creature after all. What do you expect from it? Hatching on a pile of warm energy and life vitality?

Don't joke!

The Harpy is a malign and sinister creature with full of evil and death energy.

The child egg also strangely adapt well with the dead liquid. It must be a bad creature as well. Illi sincerely thought so.

"Are you tired?" The little cat breathing became a bit haggard. He does not practised martial arts nor does he have an internal energy. Even if he did have, it will all be absorb by the two poisonous insect on his body.

The child does not answer, just looking forward, and stubbornly walk step ny step.

Illi flick his forehead while shaking her head "Really, the temperamental of a feline"

Illi raise the child and carry him. He was very light.

The child purse his lip but still obediently looping both of his hand around Illi neck to stay firm.

"I know what my little egg will be, I wonder what your egg will be" It was not a question but a curious statement.

"For nurturing your egg, you must give me its sperm and a bowl of its blood to do my experinment"

The child nod his head slightly, already deeply aware of the research maniacy of Illi. He also know how to repay the favour. But the child obviously does not take into account the feeling of his soon to be beast, just agreeing on it behalf.

But then again, the beast could hatch safely with abundant 'nurtients' (dead liquid) provide by the nocturnus. It should know how to repay kindness. A sperm and a few jin of blood is not much considering the pool of dead liquid used on itself.

Illi and the child soon reached the chamber that hold the two egg. The dead aura was intense around and inside the room

The egg was submerged on the dead liquid.

The two egg was completely pitch black with a faint black light emit by it.

A fine crack started to appear on the egg.

Illi anticipatedly wait for the legendary harpy while putting down the child on the ground.

The egg cracked bit by bit at a steady pace. Just as the egg was about to crack completely. A sizzling bird cry rang out. It was penetrating and sharp, not pleasant at all.

Illi quickly cover her ear with internal energy not forgetting to cover the child ear as well lest their eardrum burst.

The egg cracked completely when a black mucus like thing flow out accompanied with a baby cry.

Illi hurriedly step forward and was kind of captivated.

It was a baby. To be exact, it has a baby head. A human limbs, a wings, some of the ankle and hand covered with feathers. The baby have a sharp fingernails that was black in colour. The baby feet was different, it was a bird claws.