Pietro Maxioff: Remember When-?

(A/N: I've been in a writing mood lol)

Italics = Flashback

The weather was sunny, no clouds in the sky, beautiful day it was. What were you doing on this fine Friday morning? Reading your second to last book on your list for the summer. You've managed to complete 16 out of 18 books, a new personal record. Somehow, through this process, you've become somewhat of a bookworm. Novels, fictions, comics, any of the sorts get you excited to know the story.

Actually, you got into books because of your childhood best friend. That person is Pietro Maximoff. He wasn't big on books per say. Just those that catch his attention by chance. Your reading list has consists of books that he recommended to you before leaving for school all those years ago & only now you've gotten to them. With High School out of the way you can focus on whatever you want. Your parents were generous enough to let you rest during the summer before you head off to college yourself.

Your dad sells flowers & vegetables so you try to help him out from time to time at your local market in town. Of course, he wouldn't let you. The only time your dad would say yes if he was slammed or you get really stubborn about helping. You would say at least 95% of the time it doesn't work, you take what you could get though. During the summer you basically read, go out with friends, eat, & sleep. Not that you saw your friends that often, but your face was in a book more than anything else. It's whatever.

Although, all the books you did read are romance books. Even the ones Pietro recommended & you would always place the main couple with the both you because you've had a major crush on him since you were kids. Pietro was the rich kid next door. You didn't know why that kind of family was living in a small town such as yours. The big city did look like it fit their criteria of living, but it turned out that your dad & his parents were a golden trio back in the day.

You remember always going to the boardwalk down by the beach that was mad by the locals around the time you were born. Pietro must've been around the age of 4 or 5 at the time. At the beach there would always be the both of you eat ice cream at the end of the boardwalk looking out at the ocean. It was your meet up spot every other day because Pietro's parents would always make him study. They make him study a lot so they made sure he'd get into the best schools.

Nothing did hurt more than the day he actually left for a really great school, it meant he was leaving forever in your eyes. Pietro did reassure you that it wasn't that far away, but still far out at the same time. It turned out to be true. The distance didn't matter to you, the fact that he was moving away got to you the most & on that day you vowed to see him again.

***

"Hey, please don't cry. I'm just moving 2 cities over to study, it's not that far." The van was open with his mom inside watching the both of you, your dad was standing right behind you. You had a firm grip on his arm to make sure he wasn't going away. "Why can't you enter in the High School here? I don't understand why this needs to happen? You can stay with us in our home." The tears running down your face made your vision blurry. Pietro was wearing blue so he just looked like a blurred, blue blob.