Seeing Strangers

—SEEING STRANGERS—

SEEING STRANGERS

I stared at my mom in wonder. What the hell was a stele?

"What is it, like, a paperweight?" Clary asked and mom shook her head. She looked at me and nodded to my room.

"Go to your room, Verena." With a sigh i walked into my room and straight to the wardrobe. I took out my ripped jeans and my black tank top and moved over to my bed. It was a simple room. A white vanity dresser, white wardrobe, light pink walls that I begged mom to change yet she never did. I had a cream carpet and a wool rug under my window sill.

I took my black leather jacket off and changed into the new outfit. It was what I was going to wear to the show.

Once I notched up my makeup and replied some matte lipstick and curled my hair.

"Hey, honey." I turned to my mom and smiled. I grabbed the bag from Dot, but dropped it by accident and the pen came out. "I see Dot gave it to you."

"What is it?"

"It's a stele. But you need to listen." My mom closed my door and sat on my bed. I picked the black heels up and slipped them on my feet, picking the stele up and pocketing it into the jacket.

"Mom, we need to have this talk later because I need to go to Simon's show." I groaned and pushed passed her, opening the door and storming out, grabbing my jacket on the way and slipping it on.

"Rea, listen." Mom tried but I left.

"Hey, Luke." I greeted, then I knocked on Clary's door.

"Oh thank god. You're way better at fashion then me." She said before I was tugged by the arm into the room.

"Jeez, alright." I said and then walked to her wardrobe. Looking through the clothes. "How about.." I trailed off, picking out some black jeans and black boots from the wardrobe. "...these with your new top?"

"Oh my god, thank you!" I turned around and let Clary change into the fresh clothes. She tapped my shoulder just as she tugged on a green jacket and zipped it up, placing her stele inside its pocket. "C'mon, Rea."

I got tugged by the arm again as me and Clary left her room.

"Hey, Luke, what's up?" Clary asked upon seeing our mom's best friend and the closest thing we had to a father figure.

"Hey! Incredible drawings." He said to her. I didn't particularly have a great talent, but fighting was more my thing anyway.