Lost in Memory Lane

—LOST IN MEMORY LANE—

LOST IN MEMORY LANE

●♤♤●

We were in the basement of the Institute, surrounding Simon's dead body that laid on an examination table type thing.

I pursed my lips as I stared at him.

He was gone. My best friend was gone. And we never made amends.

"People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter." Jace spoke solemnly. He didn't like Simon much, but he was a mundane that died.

"I'll go. I'll tell them we didn't find anything. Nobody will come down here." Alec said ashe wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

We left the basement and Alec made us go straight to my room. Someone had asked what we found, but he lied and said we found nothing.

Once we got to my room, Alec made me sit on the bed and he closed the door.

"Okay." He said, sitting opposite me, cross legged, whilst he waited for me to talk.

He wanted me to speak about some happy memories I had of Simon.

Maybe it'll make me feel better?

To remember the good times and not the bad. To remember I had known him.

But those memories were fake. They were implanted into my mind by Magnus.

"I know what you're thinking, Rena." Alec said and I raised a brow, staring at the table next to the bed. "Even if they're fake, tell me about them."

"We were...nine? Simon was getting bullied–"

"Hey, four eyes!" Blake Anderson, the first school bully, yelled to my friend. I pouted and looked around.

No teachers. Okay.

"Where's my lunch money?!"

"I-I-I don't have l-lunch money!" Simon Lewis, a kid with only one friend - Clary - stuttered.

"Well, you better–"

"He better what?" I asked, shoving Blake out the way. I stood in front of Simon, glaring at Blake.