Stealing Steles

—STEALING STELES—

STEALING STELES

●♤♤●

I stood with Izzy. She was on a tablet, doing something she normally did, but i frowned.

What had Meliorn done to get questioned by the Clave?

"What's up?" She asked, and i looked to her.

"What?"

"Something's on your mind." She clarified, and i shrugged.

"Not really." Izzy raised a brow and stood next to me. "I swear it, Iz." I lied, but i couldn't dampen her slightly happier mood.

"Where are you taking him?" She asked loudly, making me turn and stand next to her. In front of us was Meliorn...being escorted by some guards.

"To a holding cell. And a guard unit will transport him to the Silent Brothers." Lydia coldly replied, and I glared.

"It's not our decision, Isabelle." Alec said as he stood to my side. "The Clave made the order."

"That could be a death sentence to a Downworlder." Jace pointed out, coming from somewhere. I went to make a comment about how everyone is turning up from no where, but when I looked at Alec, he just shook his head.

Dammit.

"Are you trying to start a war with them?" Izzt asked in disbelief. That was a point. "Meliorn's told you everything he knows."

"A war attack wouldn't be made with her here." Lydia said, pointing a finger at me.

"Excuse me?" I questioned frowning. "A war attack could be made! I can just wipe 'em out though." I shrugged, and Lydia rolled her eyes.

"You don't know that. Maybe we haven't asked the right questions. Seelies often skirt the truth. If he has information on another terrorist attack, it is our responsibility to get it." Lydia told Izzy, ignoring me. Wow. Is she petty or is she petty?

Sorry hun. You stole my man and I stole him back. Don't get salty over it. Jeez.

"Let me talk to him." Izzy begged. Of us all, she probably had the best hope at getting information.

"That wasn't exactly helpful in the past." I stared at Lydia, mouth agape.

"Wasn't help–" my sentence was cut off by Alec pressing his hand to my face. I looked to him with puppy eyes, and he almost caved, but he didn't.