Bonding Time

-BONDING TIME-

-BONDING TIME-

I quickly walked into my room, closing the door and falling down it.

My best friend didn't notice me.

My sister doesn't see me as a sister.

My mom is missing.

Luke hates us.

These thoughts alone made me tear up. I screamed in fustration, grabbing a chair and throwing it.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" I yelled out furiously. "How could I be so stupid?!"

The tears were pouring down my face as I screamed at myself. I cradled my head in my hands. It was then that the pain in my back soared. I screamed in agony.

It felt like something was ripping the skin on my back open. Come to think of it, I felt a liquid start to pour onto my skin.

"Rea!" I faintly heard before the feeling of skin ripping open again made my screams erupt. "Hey, shh. Shh. You're doing great." I felt arms wrap around me and bring me to a standing position.

I felt something move on my back. It wasn't whoever was helping me.

"Alec!" I heard a voice, I think Izzy's, scream. I screamed again as I felt whatever it was finally break free.

I stood on my own, the room surrounded in bright lights.

"What's happening?" Izzy asked and then the door was kicked in. I looked up and saw Alec, who seemed a little scared. He grabbed Izzy and dragged her away from me.

"Stay there." He told her, walking slightly closer to me. "Verena? Listen to me, okay?" I nodded and patiently waited.

The pain wasn't there anymore.

"You need to put...those...away and go to the infirmary, okay?" I bit my lip and frowned. "Can you do that?" Shaking my head, Alec sighed. "Izzy, go tell Jace to keep people out of the infirmary for a couple hours."

I watched Izzy walk away with determined steps, but my attention was pulled to Alec, who looked at me with a calm look to his face.

"We can get through this. You can put those wings away."

"Wings?" I asked and looked to my left. Attached to my back were these gorgeous, golden feathered wings with a wingspan probably of 40 ft - from the tip of one wing to the other.