Home again

—HOME AGAIN—

HOME AGAIN

●♧♧

For the past couple days, I had never felt so...doubtful and useless.

My girlfriend had disappeared. Poof. Into another dimension. Then, God knows what happened whilst she was there. Then...I don't know. Were they all out? Were they all still there?

I heard the door to the Institute open and glanced over, looking away after who I saw.

But once it clicked, I looked back.

Verena was there. She was with Jace and Clary, yes, but she was there.

I felt like doing those things people do when they haven't seen their loved ones in a while.

I ran to Verena and wrapped my arms around her waist. I picked her up slightly as I twirled her around a little.

Her laugh consumed me. It felt like I hadn't heard it in months.

I placed her on the floor but I still hugged her tightly. She was here. She wasn't dead.

"I'm okay." She whispered, wrapping her arms around me and resting her head against my chest. "I'm here. I'm okay."

I hugged her a bit longer before pulling away slightly. She giggled and kissed me.

I kissed back. It was a longing feeling. Needing to feel her lips move in sync with mine.

To taste the cherry lip-balm she uses and to feel all the feeling she held behind the action.

When we pulled apart, I rested my forehead against hers. I swear I could almost cry.

"I thought–"

"Shh. No need to think like that." She whispered, knowing what I was going to say. "I'm here, now."

I leant away from Rena – however, I kept a hand wrapped around her waist – and faced Jace. I glared at him, but he didn't seem phased.

"Clary gave Lydia the Cup. Hodge is taking her to lock it up until she goes back to Idris." Jace informed me once he walked over. He glanced to Verena, but when he rolled his eyes, I'm guessing she made a face at him.

"Okay." I simply said. I didn't – or at least, couldn't – say anything else to Jace. I would probably snap.

"Okay? That's it, Alec?" He scoffed and I tightened my grip on Rena's waist slightly.

"I don't wanna get into it."

I went to walk away, Rena was happy to follow, but Jace stopped us.

"Stop. I do wanna get into it. You almost killed me. You weakened our parabatai bond just to find me." He spat a little and I glared.

"You betrayed me. You lied to me. You attacked me when I was doing what we should've been doing together."

"And you're girlfriend threw me into a wall!" He raised his voice slightly, and I heard Verena chuckle.

"I'll do it again, if you want?" Jace sneered at her before turning to me, face going back to normal.

"I didn't betray you, Alec. I saved you from yourself!" He then leant in a bit, lowering his voice. "If you'd have taken Meliorn to be tortured, you would have that on your conscience for the rest of your life."

"Really?" I asked, not really believing that.

"Really." Jace repeated.

"Eberything you do is for a higher principle. You took the Cup and you nearly handed it over to Valentine." I scoffed, and i heard Verena sigh.

"That was not our intention. You know that."

"Our intention?" I asked, looking at Rena, then to Clary. I knew Rena didn't have much of a choice, she knew that Clary and Jace needed help, plus...she'd never do anything to put Izzy's life at risk. I knew that. "Was it our intention to risk Izzy's life for hers? This isn't about Clary. This is about you. Now, i'm gonna go tell my sister that she still has a future." I scoffed and grabbed Rena's hand, taking her with me as i headed towards where Isabelle would be.

"Yeah. But at least we lost it with style." I heard Izzy say with a sigh as Verena and I were let into Izzy's room.

"Jace and Clary are back. They gave the Cup to Lydia. You're free to go." I told my sister, who's smile beamed happiness.

"You were right, they came back. You knew!" She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"Oh, i didn't actually." I admitted, and then Izzy quickly hugged Rena. The two giggled and talked, telling each other about their stressful few days.

"Well, my work is done here." Magnus said. "Walk me out, will you? We have some business to settle."

"Go. I'll be fine with Rea." Izzy said, and i nodded, following the warlock out. We walked to where my bow and quiver laid on the weapon stand. I handed my prized weapon to him.

"As promised...payment in full." I said after handing the weapon over. I was slightly sad to part with it, but it was worth it. "Thank you." Magnus started to walk away, and i went to go back to Izzy and Rena, when he stopped and turned back around.

"I just want you to know, Lydia was wonderful in court. She's great." Magnus said and i nodded.

"So...you get it?" I asked, referring to the fact i had proposed to her. Obviously, i wasn't engaged to her anymore, but someone was in the hall and i didn't want them knowing yet.

"No, Alec. I get her. I like her. But you didn't have to propose to her first."

"Magnus-"

"You'd have been lonely all your life, and so would she. Neither of you would've deserved it. Rena didn't either." He then held the bow and quiver up a little. "I don't what to do with these. You keep them for me." He gave me my weapon back and went to walk away, however, however, he held his finger up and turned to face me. "I'm glad you proposed to Verena, Alec. You'll be happier with her."

I smiled a little as Magnus finally turned and walked away. I smiled at the fact Magnus - Verena's father figure - was happy i was marrying her.

I was happy that Magnus thought i was worthy enough to even be Verena's boyfriend. Let alone fiance, or husband.

Hey! Ever so sorry for the shorter chapter but i wanted to get this one finished. It was the last of the eleventh episode.

I am going to write some more on my other fanfics before i write more of this one. I have spent more time on this one recently then the ones i should've been doing along with it.

@BlahhhSailor  i hope you'll be pleased to know that i am going to write some more of my merlin fic :)